Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Alternative In P2p....

ladybunnybear's Avatar Poster
    Mars (North) and Venus, depending on my mood
    Ares

To all the Kazaalite users that have been keeping up superlists with Kazupernodes and editing sources with K-Dat to make your download work better... I have some good news...

ARES does it all for you...

I just installed it and was reluctant to loose all the great tools from Kazaalite...

Another good news is that you can download and upload partial files... It's true that, since it is fairly new, there's less users than on the fasttrack network, but if your file is available, the download happens much faster than with KL... There's a real good looking future...

And if a member reduces his upload bandwith, he is labeled as a leech...

I don't think you can cut in line when a file is queued and you know where you are in the queue (ex: (6) 6th) No more fake participation levels: everybody equal (more or less).

Ares can be spy/adware free. Just uncheck navhelp and tool bar when you install.

The only thing that it does have that kazaalite had, is the privacy option in regards to your shared folder. When someone uploads from you, they can go into your shared folder.

Just keep yourself protected (peerguardian etc...) and you should be fine

So far, I'm very satisfied and IMPRESSED...
    DESTINY, n. : A tyrant's authority for crime and fool's excuse for failure (Devil's Dictionary)
    "I have great faith in fools; my friends call it self-confidence." (E.A.P.)
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Undressed tournament

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    :fugley: :fugley: ???
    DESTINY, n. : A tyrant's authority for crime and fool's excuse for failure (Devil's Dictionary)
    Undressed tournament

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by ladybunnybear@12 March 2004 - 21:59
    :fugley: :fugley: ???
    Newsgroups are, in my opinion, a superior alternative to Ares
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    ok... I get it... (I thought I had say something wrong)

You could be right... but it sounds a bit teadious
    Undressed tournament

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Ares needs work done to it. It hogs up the cpu and it's little file hasing thing takes too long to go through all the files. But yes it can be better then Kazaa.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    it is for me... as long as I find sources...
    if I can't find something I run kazaa... I prefer Ares
    Undressed tournament

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by ladybunnybear@13 March 2004 - 01:18
    it is for me... as long as I find sources...
    if I can't find something I run kazaa... I prefer Ares
    yes and there are no Fake Files in Ares i like it to, i have dumped K-Lite sense i found Ares.....

I don't know why people still use FastTrack network..the network is full of fake files and you have the RIAA up your ass all the time trying to find way to sue you!

At least at Ares no one has been sued yet from them Greedy bastards!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Berserk Chaos
    From Download.com:

Ares is a file-sharing program. Search for and download your favorite music and video files shared by other users on a free peer-to-peer network. Ares's advanced queuing system and multisource swarmed downloads allow you to get what you want in the shortest amount of time. The transfer-autoresume feature lets you forget about interrupted transfers. Ares's library manager allows you to organize your shared files easily, protecting your security. Ares can enhance your file-sharing experience, thanks to its built-in audio/video player with full playlist support.
    Editor's note: This download includes additional applications bundled with the software's installer file. Third-party applications bundled with this download may record your surfing habits, deliver advertising, collect private information, or modify your system settings. Pay close attention to the end user license agreement and installation options.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    yeah i like ares for the speed

as mentioned above just don't forget to decline navhelper during setup- if you don't no big deal you can just run spybot and you'll be good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast