Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nothing Works

This is a probably a dumb question but I really need an answer. So a few days ago my Kazaa 2.0.0 Version stopped connecting. I removed it and have tried installing all the new versions like K.L.R, and Kazaa Lite K+++ 2.4.4 but they don't work for me either. When I run them only the splash appears and then the program is not responding. Only K-Lite 2.6 RC18 works for me but it sucks. Everyone else still has the others working but I don't understand how? What can I do?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    h1
    What does "stop responding" mean? Also, we I need more info, like OS, hardware, how much you share, etc.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I have XP, and after installing and loading Kazaa Lite Resurrection 0.0.7 nothing happens. I can see the splash but that is all. The program does not respond. I have no other Kazaa lite or kazaa versions. I don't understandy why nothing is working for me. I currently don't have any files to share.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I have a DSL connection through a Linksys router. Basically whenever I run the KLR application it doesn't load at all. I cannot access any options or the theater or even the start page. All I can do is ctrl alt del and end the program. No matter how many times I download and reinstall nothing changes.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    h1
    OK, what's your CPU, amount of RAM, etc.?

Also, are you forwarding the ports to your router (don't worry if you don't know what that means), and can you download with 2.6 RC18?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    My comp is a HP Pavillion 8485Z with 192 mb of RAM. I don't know the router thing and yes I can download with 2.6 RC18.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    h1
    Try this:

Search Google for KaNAT and download it, then go to K-Lite -> Options -> KL Options -> Firewall. There will be a port number there, remember it. Forward that port with your router, and keep KaNAT running all the time replacing the LAN IP with the WAN IP. You might need to turn off a firewall if you have one.

[Edit] How many files do you share?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by haxor41789@11 March 2004 - 22:00
    Try this:

Search Google for KaNAT and download it, then go to K-Lite -> Options -> KL Options -> Firewall. There will be a port number there, remember it. Forward that port with your router, and keep KaNAT running all the time replacing the LAN IP with the WAN IP. You might need to turn off a firewall if you have one.

[Edit] How many files do you share?
    I can't do that because I can't access anything in Kazaa Lite. I do have a firewall but it has worked with the program perfectly until a few days ago And I have never altered it at all.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Franchise88@12 March 2004 - 00:56
    My comp is a HP Pavillion 8485Z with 192 mb of RAM. I don't know the router thing and yes I can download with 2.6 RC18.
    192 ram with xp is shitty unless you have turned off everything and don't run anything else besides your OS
    have you tried rebooting
    can you uninstall all kazza's you got, ALL of them and just dl 2.4.3 from http://www.oldversion.com

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by muchspl2@11 March 2004 - 22:09
    have you tried rebooting
    can you uninstall all kazza's you got, ALL of them and just dl 2.4.3 from http://www.oldversion.com
    Yes I have and 2.4.3 has the same result. As soon as I run the program and try to click on something it says not responding in the task manager.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast