Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Power

BANNED
    do i need a new PSU if iv got a 250w running 2 CD drives 2 Hard Drives Floppy drive and im getting 2 lights and a lazer light

iv been lookin around and im getting a DVD-RW but i dont have the space for it so i could eather get a new case with a PSU 400w for £30-£40 (green)link
    or a case with a 300w for £10-£20 link

what do u guys think?

EDIT:
    found out my CPU is using about 60.0w

EDIT:
    case with a PSU 400w for £30-£40 (Blue)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    350W is probably the very very very minimum you should get these days. 450+ is good I'd say.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@12 March 2004 - 23:32
    350W is probably the very very very minimum you should get these days. 450+ is good I'd say.
    so what u think about me getting that 400w PSU with the case is there any thing wrong with it?
    link heres a link with more info on it

EDIT:
    picture 1
    picture 2
    picture 3
    picture 4

will this fit in the case?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by gungrave+12 March 2004 - 18:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gungrave @ 12 March 2004 - 18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mad Cat@12 March 2004 - 23:32
    350W is probably the very very very minimum you should get these days. 450+ is good I&#39;d say.
    so what u think about me getting that 400w PSU with the case is there any thing wrong with it?
    link heres a link with more info on it

EDIT:
    picture 1
    picture 2
    picture 3
    picture 4

will this fit in the case? [/b][/quote]
    hmm, can you take out the motherboard or would that be too much trouble? if you do take it off see if you can remove the back cover of the computer case, the part around the I&#092;O ports on the back and its got teh different colors and pictures and stuff...then take a picture of it once it is off so we can see if its standard size to fit in a bought case.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    They are both full ATX cases so they should fit your current mobo whatever the size is, however if you know what motherboard&#39;s currently inside your system you could check it up just to be 100% sure.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    why in the world would you wanna have 2 CD-Roms and a DVD-RW in one computer? that&#39;s unnecessary. just ditch one of the CD-Roms, or set it aside as a spare. problem solved. if 250 watts are powering your current setup okay, i kinda doubt that adding a couple of lights will push it over the limit.

unless you&#39;re just really eager to buy a new case, i don&#39;t think you absolutely need a more powerful PSU or a new case. not at all...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    ill get the DVD-rw some time this week and then ill see what happends.
    the reason y i wanted to keep my other drives in as well is so i dont have to change cds over all the time, and the DVD-rw i will probley get will burn at 4x or 8x which is a bit slow to burn a music CD.
    ill just see how it goes

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    if you get a PSU with a higer wattage does it come with more leads or just more pwer to the leads it already has?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Marius24@13 March 2004 - 15:36
    if you get a PSU with a higer wattage does it come with more leads or just more pwer to the leads it already has?
    dapends on what PSU u get a think

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by gungrave@13 March 2004 - 10:25
    ill get the DVD-rw some time this week and then ill see what happends.
    the reason y i wanted to keep my other drives in as well is so i dont have to change cds over all the time, and the DVD-rw i will probley get will burn at 4x or 8x which is a bit slow to burn a music CD.
    ill just see how it goes
    usually (if not always) dvd burners have a seperate speed for burning CD-rs than for burning dvd discs. Im guessing at least 32x.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast