Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Really Interesting Case On Bill Oreilly

muchspl2
    so this lady is knocked up with 2 kids..

the doctors tell her that if she doesn't have a c-section, that one of her babies will die. She refuses to do the c-section. She delivers one baby ok, the other dies. They have charged her with murder after an autopsy proved that if she had a a c-section, the other baby would have lived. The reason she gave for not wanting to have the c-section was she didn't want a scar.

http://www.billoreilly.com

I'm pretty sure she will get off, but this is one of those cases that 10% thinks she should have some penalty :/

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    If anything she was a vain, selfish bitch.

The health of the children comes before bullshit vanity.

Now that I think of it, she should be penalized.

The problem is that the doctor's gave her an option.
    It's a catch-22

No c-section - baby dies
    C-section - lawsuit
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    muchspl2

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    h1
    Even if she was mentally ill, this selfish, uncaring bitch deserves to get stoned in the streets.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    ... what a farking arsehole.

Don't have kids if you aren't willing to do whatever it takes to keep them alive.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Charge her with murder because she made a choice that led to the death of one of her unborn babies. Souds like excessive and injustice to me.

How about not charge her with anything because it's her choice what she wants done with her body and not anyone elses?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    h1
    Originally posted by Arm@13 March 2004 - 13:43
    How about not charge her with anything because it's her choice what she wants done with her body and not anyone elses?
    At the expense of a human life? It does not matter if it is a fetus, it is still a life. POINT BLANK. At the very least she should get slapped with reckless endangerment, manslaughter, and have the other child removed from her custody.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    you all seemed to have missed the point that a c section is a pretty big operation.

her actions are questionable but charging a rather hormonally unbalanced woman with murder is a bit strong. you do realise (in britain anyway) that if a woman kills her baby within the first year of its birth it is not murder it is infantacide which carries a lesser penalty. this is due to the fact woman can become very depressed after giving birth.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Very interesting.

Should we now expect pregnant mothers who drink, smoke and take drugs to be prosecuted for murder if their babies die?

It's the same thing, they ignore medical advice and their child dies, so why not prosecute them all?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    A C-section is not a like having a tooth out. Mrs Biggles had an emergency C-section with our first and ended up on a drip for 10 days and took nearly a year to fully recover.

It could equally be argued that nature took its course. One cannot hi-jack people off the street and operate on them against their will. Medical advice is just that - advice.

Muchspl - I have no idea who the lady is, but I would like to see you after you have given birth to twins, one of which died, and then be told you are going to be prosceuted for opting for a natural birth. I suspect she did not look like Britney before the episode began, but it seems unreasonable to me to expect her to look so afterwards.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast