Thread: The Godfather

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1

Directed by Francis Ford Coppola, The Godfather film trilogy traced the violent rise and fall of American mafioso Michael Corleone, played by Al Pacino. The Godfather and The Godfather: Part II both won Academy Awards for Best Picture and remain two of the most popular and critically acclaimed films of all time. Now, the movie series will become a game, from none other than Electronic Arts. "I think that many of you know that we are developing The Godfather," said Warren Jensen, EA's CFO. While he did not reveal a release date for the game, Jensen did say it "will likely be an M-rated game."

EA EMBRACES THE MAFIA: GODFATHER GAME REVEALED

Francis Ford Coppola's mighty Mafia movie trilogy destined for videogame stardom

14:55 Electronic Arts let slip that it is currently working on a game based on The Godfather movie trilogy, the silver screen epic directed by Francis Ford Coppola. Revelations have come courtesy of the publisher's CFO Warren Jenson, who mentioned the title at the recent Bear Stearns Media 2004 Conference in the States.

Speaking to EA's UK arm earlier today about Jenson's revelations, the publisher said that it had "no further comment to give at this time."

However, well placed sources close to the The Godfather project have been a little more fothcoming, informing us that the title is in the very early stages of development and that it's not likely to arrive till some time in 2005.

And that's about all the news there is on The Godfather videogame at the moment. No genre mentioned, no platform destinations revealed - dammit. Rest assured we'll keep ears to the ground and as soon as we hear more we'll let you know.

Source

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Games   -   #2
    the movie is good too so far i seen 2nd part

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. Games   -   #3
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    what!!!

there bringing out my favorite movie and arguably the best movie of all time on condole

4. Games   -   #4
    isnt amazing

Benjamen button

5. Games   -   #5
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Just thinking what the hell could they do with the game basing it on the movie?

maybe a restaurant mission having to go to the dunny and grabbing a gun o blow 2 guys heads off?

should be interesting