Thread: All Music Guide Insiders Survey Results

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Thanks to all who responded to our recent survey about the introduction of registration on allmusic.com. Below is a summary of the survey results.

We’re hoping to officially launch the new allmusic sometime in June. Redesigning and expanding a site of this size and complexity is an enormous project. We’re very excited about the new site and can’t wait to share it with our users. Between now and the launch, we’ll be sharing more details about the new site with AMG Insiders. Stay tuned.

SURVEY RESULTS

69% Sounds like a winner. I’d register to have access to Premium content.

26% Hmmm….You’ve got me thinking, but I’m not convinced yet.

5% No way. I’ll stick with the basic site and keep my information to myself.

You want to know what price we’ll be charging for the new content. It’s free. Really. There will be no charge for any portion of the site, and there are no current plans to start charging for any portion of the site. Now, for those of you who so generously offered to pay for the site, please send your money to…… [Just kidding.]

You are concerned that the personal information you share with AMG during the registration process will be provided to third parties. We reiterate from our email that “AMG does not sell, rent or trade the personal information of its users and individual personal information is never shared outside of AMG.” We can’t state it any plainer. We’re good Internet citizens. We take the privacy and security of our users very seriously. Your email address will never be provided to any third party. That means sharing information with AMG will never result in spam. The only email contact you’ll receive as a result of registering is news and announcements from AMG, and you’ll always have the option of unsubscribing to those announcements.

You wonder why registration is required if there is no charge for access and the individual information won’t be shared outside of AMG. The information is required to attract the advertising and commerce partners necessary to support allmusic.com. Advertisers and commerce partners are looking to partner with websites with user demographics that match their products’ demographics. So, if you’re a clothing brand that targets females between 18 and 34 years of age, you’ll buy advertising on websites with users who are mainly females between 18 and 34 years of age. AMG shares user demographic information ONLY in the aggregate (i.e. percentage break down by age, gender, country, etc.). No personally identifiable information is EVER shared outside of AMG.

You’re excited about the new allmusic, you want to know more details, and you warn us not to ruin a good thing. We’re touched to hear how passionate our users are about allmusic. We are passionate too and we take our caretaker role very seriously. We will remember our roots and not go “Hollywood” on you. We are, and will remain, the most comprehensive music reference source on the planet. We’ll continue to share more details about the new site with you as the days go by. Stay tuned. Insiders will always hear it first.

You don’t want to have to log in every time you come to the site. No worries here. You’ll have the option of having allmusic remember you so that each time you visit, allmusic will automatically log you in.

You wonder whether, as an AMG Insider, you are already registered. No. The AMG Insiders and registration for Premium Content are two separate sign ups. When the new site launches, all users wishing to have access to the Premium Content will need to go through the registration process. While there will be a bit more information required than that involved with the AMG Insider registration, it will still be a quick process that you should be able to complete in about a minute.

You have lots of suggestions for the new site. Whew! You certainly do have lots of suggestions. Some of these ideas are already a part of the new site. Some of them are on our wish list for the future. And some of them… well, let’s just say you are quite a creative group.

2. Music   -   #2
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Teh Survey Says: AMG is teh suckass

Laters
    Cely :music1:

3. Music   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme@8 April 2004 - 09:23
    Teh Survey Says: AMG is teh suckass

Laters
    Cely :music1:
    Yeah right.Like you are not there everyday.