Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Myie2 Users

Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    Here"s an article i found...i didn"t write it..hell i don"t even use MyIE2...but for those that do..this will be an interest to you B)

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to pass along something that I came across that I feel must be mentioned along with any further review of the MyIE2 browser shell.

I was using MyIE2 as my browser shell of choice for some time. I've had to remove it, but not for any fault of that software. It's simply that I needed to run a cleaner shop for the antivirus review I'm doing.

That wasn't what has me generating this warning. The source of the warning has to do with something that comes along with MyIE2. That thing is a browser plugin called UCMore. I heartily advise against letting this plugin get installed. It's supposed to be merely a plugin that generates some clickable links on its toolbar having to do with sites that 'are kind of like' the one you've surfed to or seem to have some of the same content elements of that site. Instead, UCMore is much more like Alexa and other brands of filth called adware. In very fact, it actually USES the Alexa service to generate results. Then, whether you like it or not, it opens a completely separate IE window with what I assume to be a paid site 'relating' to the one you wanted to visit. This would be bad enough if it opened this unasked-for site as a MyIE2 tab, but it's a complete IE window that you have to close or it will remain open forever (or maybe until the next reboot). THIS makes it horribly annoying. The UCMore plugin is distributed as part of the MyIE2 distro and you're offered the choice of installing the offered plugins or not. The fact that this pernicious software is included without so much as a normal text mention, anywhere, of its invasive nature makes it something that people need to know before they try out MyIE2 and get aggravated, as I did. It also, in my opinion, makes it something that should NEVER be included in ANY software distribution.

It's lessened my appreciation of the author of MyIE2 and I'll think twice (or three times) before installing ANYTHING that comes along with MyIE2.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Lockergnome!!
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    h1
    I KNEW IT!!!

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Poster
    hahahahahahaha!
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Lick My Lovepump
    Haha, Mozilla Firefox forever!

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Poster
    You can tell that "ucmore" is spyware just by it's name!

Yes, firefox forever, comrades!

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    The browser wars will never cease.

But I always knew yourie2 was not good.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    h1
    It's based on IE, how [i]can[i] it be good?

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Originally posted by haxor41789@13 March 2004 - 23:45
    It's based on IE, how [i]can[i] it be good?
    use the closing tags
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    h1
    Shut up noob&#33; I notice you&#39;re not jumping in because you are YourIE2&#39;s knight in shining armor.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    UCmore&#39;s notorious for being crammed into half-decent ripoffs of popular software - Have a look at WinMX&#39;s clone OneMX

Still, can&#39;t say I&#39;m not surprised because I am - I thought it relying on the IE engine was bad enough kudos for the software. This is just a nail in the coffin

Even though I&#39;m "FireFox forever", I do think this topic has become a bit biased with the number of FireFox users posting. Let&#39;s welcome some of those who were preaching MyIE2 to the masses come out - How about (the Windows Update-loving) Java Boy to start us off?

EDIT - Anyone who&#39;s looking for a source, there&#39;s a copy of the article here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast