Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ipod

Poster
    that will take forever. tranfer album..make a playlist repeated hundreds of times! does any1 know another great mp3 player?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by 3223@14 March 2004 - 15:16
    its really nice but the price isnt for me (i did the conversion on their site):

229.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 411.262 USD United States Dollars
    1 GBP = 1.79590 USD 1 USD = 0.556823 GBP
    Yes, but Ipods are £300 in England, hence going by transfer rate rules you'd be paying about $500 for that Ipod, but your not.

I bet that one Peerzy showed you would be $250 in the states.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Originally posted by 3223@14 March 2004 - 16:43
    that will take forever. tranfer album..make a playlist repeated hundreds of times! does any1 know another great mp3 player?
    almost all mp3 players play albums alphabetically...but that isint bad is it? you could always number the tracks by numbers then it would be in order...

cheapest ipod is 10gb but they stopped selling them on official site, but im sure you could find it in an electronics store....also if you buy ipod from thier site and you attend school you can get a 25$ discount :-P

Personally I have a nomad zen xtra 30gb ( payed 275$, now you can get for 255$ on newegg.com) Its a solid player didn't have problems with anything. without the light up screen the battery life is areound 10hrs.The buttons are decent but not as cool as an ipod.plus you can take the battery out youreself unlike in an ipod.
    Theres no remote for the xtra yet though hopefully they will release one soon.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    The Xclef HD500 20GB is £189 including VAT = £160.85 without VAT (export price outside EU). Delivery is £10 (insured air freight), total works out at about $307 US.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Originally posted by lynx@14 March 2004 - 20:14
    The Xclef HD500 20GB is £189 including VAT = £160.85 without VAT (export price outside EU). Delivery is £10 (insured air freight), total works out at about $307 US.
    doesnt seem like its a good deal, better off with 15gb ipod for 300$

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    forget this post it was wrong...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Hey I have the 40GB iPod and I am more than satisfied. The battery does die after 18 months but you can replace it yourself for like 50 bucks. I would get the iPod.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    where can u get the battery replacements?? where and how much was ur ipod?? also can it play albums in order?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Well, I got my ipod for christmas but I know that is was $500. I think that you can buy replacements at electronics shops and I know there is ipod hacking sites that would prolly sell you one. And yes the iPod does play tracks in order, you can browse through them by artist,genre,composer,albums,and something else and you can also hold the middle button over certain tracks and make "on-the-go" playlists right from your ipod if you just wanna pick a couple of your favorite songs. The best thing is that there is also games to play: Solitare(obvious), brick(like alleyway), parachute(shoot helicopters and people but I can't figure out the point of it), and music quiz(only with the newest firmware - obvious.)

edit:where? - I live in the states and my dad got it for christmas for me at Best Buy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12