Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats The Best Place To Start Making My Own

Poster
    Originally posted by gungrave+16 March 2004 - 16:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gungrave @ 16 March 2004 - 16:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Marius24@16 March 2004 - 16:55
    <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave
    @16 March 2004 - 14:59
    if u have never made a site then get a template and then edit the html codes with dreamweaver.

i started with the crappy geocities then i went to templates and then got stuff of other sites like shoutbox and added it to mine.

host it at www.myimages.fourvalve.com good place but now and then ur site will go down dont know y but mine did some i got a m8 to host it using there ftp.

u can&#39;t host a website on a ftp mike
    well my site is
    i loggin just like i wuold for ur pc and then i coppy and past the files to the ftp thing and then i get the url and thats it [/b][/quote]
    yea a few web servers have that. You upload your files over FTP. but the site is not FTP

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Marius24+16 March 2004 - 12:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marius24 @ 16 March 2004 - 12:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by gungrave@16 March 2004 - 16:29
    Originally posted by Marius24@16 March 2004 - 16:55
    <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave
    @16 March 2004 - 14:59
    if u have never made a site then get a template and then edit the html codes with dreamweaver.

i started with the crappy geocities then i went to templates and then got stuff of other sites like shoutbox and added it to mine.

host it at www.myimages.fourvalve.com good place but now and then ur site will go down dont know y but mine did some i got a m8 to host it using there ftp.

u can&#39;t host a website on a ftp mike

well my site is
    i loggin just like i wuold for ur pc and then i coppy and past the files to the ftp thing and then i get the url and thats it
    yea a few web servers have that. You upload your files over FTP. but the site is not FTP [/b][/quote]

I hope he gets it now.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    Well the thing with free webhosting is basically you&#39;re gonna have to make sure that you don&#39;t have a popular site.

MOST free sites limit you on bandwidth to an extreme. 1amd1 are nothing but mofoing communists who you have to beg to change even dns settings. Besides they only give you 5 megs of bandwidth on the free side of it. I enjoyed them for a month, then my bandwidth shot to 12 megs.

So in reality, if you think you are going to have a popular site, then it&#39;s best to look around for a paid hosting service that is within reason price-wise.

For a code editor I started on Dreamweaver and will most likely die with it. It&#39;s "available" everywhere.

I don&#39;t really care for a FTP program..they all do the same. It&#39;s easier for me to just use the FTP side of my browser than it is to deal with the hassle of another program.

Although a lot of my friends swear by Seagull FTP.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    h1
    LeechFTP is a great Windows client.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I used cute FTP (available on all the P2P networks).

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #17
    WS_FTP pro is very good. My best friend fosi has a copy.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #18
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@17 March 2004 - 22:34
    WS_FTP pro is very good. My best friend fosi has a copy.
    Your friend Fosi

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #19
    Poster
    I would like to recommend FlashFXP, it is pretty good.

However, SmartFTP is teh 1337n33s

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #20
    FlashFXP COST &#036;&#036; , SMART FTP is free for personal use and is better cause i tried FlashFXP too , and FILEZILLA is free .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast