Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats The Best Place To Start Making My Own

Hi there i am thinking of doing making my own website. Which is the best place to start making my website and which software do i used to create my own website with? Also i want my website to be a free hosting one not the one where you have to paid like every month. Thanks for reading this i hope to here from you soon.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    There alot of free ones going down the drain, but I use T35 and they work very well. The only draw back is they only let you upload files that are certain sizes. Look through the site for more specifics.

As for software, I use Cute FTP to upload my files and PSP7 and Adobe 6.0 for my layouts.

This is only my 2 cents. Best thing to do is test things out, like programs and such. You'll find something you can work with.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Poster
    well use the Macromedia pruducts family for web design.
    and take a look here for free hosting.
    the ftp client is up to you

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    h1
    Dreamweaver is a very powerful WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor, but I don't recommend it for newbies. FrontPage blows, but you should start with that. It's best to learn HTML (and JavaScript, PHP, etc.) though, you can have the basics down in an hour.

For graphics, use GIMP, Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, 3DStudio Max, Lightwave, or Xara3D.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Poster
    agreed,except for frontpage, i started with dreamweaver with an introduction of an html tutorial and i did well

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i use frontpage cuz im lazy, and i am hosted with 1and1.com. thought im not sure if they have a free service, but you could check

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    h1
    1&1 is not free anymore.

Free hosts directory

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    BANNED
    if u have never made a site then get a template and then edit the html codes with dreamweaver.

i started with the crappy geocities then i went to templates and then got stuff of other sites like shoutbox and added it to mine.

host it at www.myimages.fourvalve.com good place but now and then ur site will go down dont know y but mine did some i got a m8 to host it using there ftp.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by gungrave@16 March 2004 - 14:59
    if u have never made a site then get a template and then edit the html codes with dreamweaver.

i started with the crappy geocities then i went to templates and then got stuff of other sites like shoutbox and added it to mine.

host it at www.myimages.fourvalve.com good place but now and then ur site will go down dont know y but mine did some i got a m8 to host it using there ftp.
    u can't host a website on a ftp mike

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Marius24+16 March 2004 - 16:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marius24 @ 16 March 2004 - 16:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave@16 March 2004 - 14:59

u can&#39;t host a website on a ftp mike [/b][/quote]
    well my site is
    i loggin just like i wuold for ur pc and then i coppy and past the files to the ftp thing and then i get the url and thats it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast