Thread: Pirated Software?

I have few question on pirated softwares?

1. Can you get sued if your downloading or uploading softwares?

2. If so how likely, i mean who has the better chance of getting caught and sued, the people who dl or ul copyrighted music, movies, or software.

3. If you do get caught sharing softwares who gets to you sue you? The companies of the sofwares?

I hope some one can answer my questions.

And thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    1. Can you get sued if your downloading or uploading softwares?
    If it violates the License Agreement then yes you can be sued by the author of that program.

2. If so how likely, i mean who has the better chance of getting caught and sued, the people who dl or ul copyrighted music, movies, or software.
    The people who upload/share the software are most likely to get caught, but either way it is illegal.

3. If you do get caught sharing softwares who gets to you sue you? The companies of the sofwares?
    I assume.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    Nah I doubt you will get sued out of the millions of people who have things shared on p2p. Just in case I recomend the blocklist manager integrated into peerguardian. Transfer the list to peerguardian after you uses the different sources you select. To do this select your sources to block, Dl the blocklist, configure the blocklist manager to write to peerguardian. Close program. Run Peerguardian when started up. Don't check auto update database if you have the source in the Blocklist manager. It would be a waste of time if you already get the updates from blocklist manager. Update your program at least once every 2 days (I do mine every day. You shouldn't have to worrry any more then. If you are super paranoid run these and get anonx @ anonx.com. Set up a vpn and let it run all the time. I don't know if its just my connection or not but sometimes anonx drops signal causing your ip to show. If you use both of these, your chances of being caught if you just don't show your filelist to anyone and use a p2p are less than .0000001%. Although I don't have any statistical info to back that up, your chances of being caught before these measures was .0001% as reported by tech-tv.
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!