Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It Ok To Be Wrong.

Poster
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1+15 March 2004 - 03:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wizard_Mon1 @ 15 March 2004 - 03:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@15 March 2004 - 02:10
    You work from the premise that "everything is right until proven wrong".

The premise is flawed. Everything is unproven, until proven correct would be more accurate.

As such it is not for others to prove you wrong, it is for you to prove yourself right.

Your argument is specious and smacks of sophistry. (Hi hobbes&nbsp; )
    Nope, your wrong, i&#39;m right end of story. [/b][/quote]
    I hadn&#39;t thought of that, my mistake.

Sorry, I was wrong.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+15 March 2004 - 02:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 15 March 2004 - 02:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@15 March 2004 - 03:13
    <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol
    @15 March 2004 - 02:10

The premise is flawed. Everything is unproven, until proven correct would be more accurate.

As such it is not for others to prove you wrong, it is for you to prove yourself right.

Your argument is specious and smacks of sophistry. (Hi hobbes&nbsp; )

Nope, your wrong, i&#39;m right end of story.

Sorry, I was wrong. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s Ok to be wrong.

I am here for you J&#39;pol in your time of need.
    Wiz.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1+15 March 2004 - 03:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wizard_Mon1 @ 15 March 2004 - 03:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@15 March 2004 - 02:17
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@15 March 2004 - 03:13
    <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol
    @15 March 2004 - 02:10

Your argument is specious and smacks of sophistry. (Hi hobbes )

Nope, your wrong, i&#39;m right end of story.

Sorry, I was wrong.
    It&#39;s Ok to be wrong.

I am here for you J&#39;pol in your time of need. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for that, you wee ducker.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@15 March 2004 - 03:10

Your argument is specious and smacks of sophistry. (Hi hobbes )
    Yes, the "null hypothesis"

All avered truisms must be assumed incorrect until they are proved otherwise.

The burden of proof is on the proposer, unless it is ok to be guilty until proven innocent.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 March 2004 - 21:00
    I have noticed a tendancy that when someone is successfully refuted or shown to be wrong, they just disappear.

Isn&#39;t the point of this forum to post what you think is true, but if given new insight, to acknowledge your shortcomings and adapt to new information.

Is it so hard to admit you are wrong? I guess it all boils down to how secure you are offline.

I welcome criticism as it allows me to appreciate whether I am right or if there are different perspectives I should consider.

If I had all the right answers, there would be no point to post.
    Alot of people have tremendous egos and being wrong gets in the way.

I&#39;ve noticed college students and alumni are the ones that have a problem with being wrong. They have had their heads buried in books and this is their outlet to skeet their knowledge upon us poor souls.

I see it not just on here but among my friends with their Master&#39;s degree&#39;s (I did not finish btw).

The lot of them lack some common sense or yet claim there is no such thing because it has not been proven.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #36
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    All right, then-

What have I missed?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    I&#39;m wrong more than I&#39;m right. I can occasionally admit when I&#39;m wrong (but only when it&#39;s a matter of objectivity, not when subjectivity comes into it)
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by 4th gen@14 March 2004 - 23:42
    I&#39;m wrong more than I&#39;m right. I can occasionally admit when I&#39;m wrong (but only when it&#39;s a matter of objectivity, not when subjectivity comes into it)
    I&#39;m rarely wrong.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Poster
    i have to much pride to be wrong so even if i am proven wrong i will always think that i am right. This is the truth

10. Lounge   -   #40
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    As I have found being right to be a genuine asset in all situations and conditions, I have selected it as my "default" position.

Being correct is also a habit, though some would disagree, I&#39;m sure.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast