Thread: Help Newbie With "the Passion"

ajcable
    Hi everyone,

Can someone help me out here. I am attempting to download "The Passion" using Kaaza Lite and I am a totally lost newbie.

I'm using a 56K Dialup connection( I know that stinks, but thats all I can do right now) It's probably gonna be a few more days before the file is completely downloaded.

Here's where I'm lost.

1- The format is AVI and I'm hoping to be able to watch it on Real One Player, is it that easy? It is such a huge file. Can I just import it into Real One from my hard drive and watch it?

2- I own a DVD player and I would like to burn it onto cd's to watch on TV? I'm pretty sure I will need to convert it to DVD format, I'm just not sure how. There is so much confusing information and SO many programs out there, I don't know where to begin. I cannot afford to buy a program, so I'd like to know if anyone knows of a freeware program out there that doesn't need a Masters Degree to work.

I know this seems pretty shallow and desperate, but I'm in Saudi Arabia and The Passion will NEVER be shown here, ever. This is the only way my children and I will be able to see it.

Please help and may God bless you,
    AJ

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Retired
    I'm using a 56K Dialup connection( I know that stinks, but thats all I can do right now) It's probably gonna be a few more days before the file is completely downloaded. 
    will be weeks....

whatch it will BSplayer or MPC

you need to burn the .mpgs and you will be able to watch them on your dvdplayer

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Heh.. toke me 3 days to download that passion on dsl with BT. I guess it would be hell for you and your "precious" 56k.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    lol, god. i remember my days of 56k. and my connection was worse than most for 56k too. it would take me 4 hours to dl 28mb. lol!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Hey, AJCABLE.

Tell your parents to get dsl or cable internet. There is no point in having dial-up anymore. It's gonna take forever to download "Tha passion..".
    How much do u pay now for dial-up ? $12, $19 ?
    With $29 u get dsl at 1.5Mbs. It took me aprox 2 hours to download "The passion.." from MIRC. Kazaa it's to slow...

Anyway, where are u from ?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    ajcable
    [B][COLOR=purple]

I seem to be doin alright so far. Got about 13 hours left on part 2.

I would love to have Cable or DSL but its really expensive in Saudi right now.

I noticed that everyone( except the Moderator) only commented on my connection speed. I'm still just as confused as I was when I first posted.

Sorry Moderator, I didn't understand exactly what your abbrevations meant. Could you elaborate?

Can someone please address my questions in Newbie, Laymen terms terms?

Blessings,
    AJ

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    ajcable
    Please forgive all the errors in the previous post. It's been a VERY long night,

Blessings,
    AJ

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by ajcable@15 March 2004 - 02:28
    Hi everyone,

Can someone help me out here. I am attempting to download "The Passion" using Kaaza Lite and I am a totally lost newbie.

Here's where I'm lost.

1- The format is AVI and I'm hoping to be able to watch it on Real One Player, is it that easy? It is such a huge file. Can I just import it into Real One from my hard drive and watch it?

2- I own a DVD player and I would like to burn it onto cd's to watch on TV? I'm pretty sure I will need to convert it to DVD format, I'm just not sure how. There is so much confusing information and SO many programs out there, I don't know where to begin. I cannot afford to buy a program, so I'd like to know if anyone knows of a freeware program out there that doesn't need a Masters Degree to work.

I know this seems pretty shallow and desperate, but I'm in Saudi Arabia and The Passion will NEVER be shown here, ever. This is the only way my children and I will be able to see it.

Please help and may God bless you,
    AJ
    1. I don't know.
    2. You'll need to convert it to a .mpg you can use a program like TMPGEnc http://www.tmpgenc.net/ just follow one of the guides on this forum.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    to ajcable

if the file ends in .avi rather than .mpeg, yes it will play in real player. it will play it most movie playing software. if for some reason it doesnt play with realplayer, you could try 'windows media player', a program called 'videolan', or many others (bsplayer, divx player etc etc). i know its confusing as far as how many program there are, but youll have a program tht will play it believe me. in fact doesnt media player come free with windows, so youll already have the program?

as for playing it on your dvd player, its a bit more complicated. the original avi files are read by dvd players. if you get the progam mentioned earlier called 'tmpgenc', you can then convert the file (or files if its in two parts) to svcd, vcd or kvcd. these should play on your dvd player (i think 90 % of players paly these formats. basically, svcd is the best quality, vcd is standard, and kvcd has a slight drop in qulaity to be able to fir more on 1 cd

of course if u have a dvd burner, encode the files to dvd-r's (agian using tmpganc) and watch them like that.

if you have any problems, threre are some excellent guides on this forum that'll get you through it.

hope that helps
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>