Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting Dvd .img File

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i'm dling rotk the 2dvd image (8 gig motha fucka), and i don't have a dvd burner. can i just mount the 2 .img files with alcohol or something? cuz the virtual drives that alcohol sets up are dvd-rom drives.

i'm 1/5 done, and i don't wanna waste bandwidth if i can't watch this thing

another thing, if it does work, and i'm trying to get to the dvd's menu and options and subs and stuff, what software do i need? cuz wmp and bsplayer and all those others only play files. what prog do i need to be able to see the menu and select the subs and shit like that? is it like windvd or something?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@14 March 2004 - 23:40
    i'm dling rotk the 2dvd image (8 gig motha fucka), and i don't have a dvd burner. can i just mount the 2 .img files with alcohol or something? cuz the virtual drives that alcohol sets up are dvd-rom drives.

i'm 1/5 done, and i don't wanna waste bandwidth if i can't watch this thing

another thing, if it does work, and i'm trying to get to the dvd's menu and options and subs and stuff, what software do i need? cuz wmp and bsplayer and all those others only play files. what prog do i need to be able to see the menu and select the subs and shit like that? is it like windvd or something?
    i think alcohol will work, another one is daemontools. works great, havent tried with dvd images but i know it can play them.

to play it you need DVD decoder software, download the klite codec pack it has a few, and after downloading that and installing the MPEG2 codec, you can play in windows media player. or just download windvd or something. i use NVDVD but it might be for nvidia cards only.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl2
    i know daemon tools can mont it, pretty sure alcohol 120% can also
    videolan can play dvd's, it can do anything
    VLC - the cross-platform media player and streaming server
    VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by muchspl2@14 March 2004 - 23:48
    i know daemon tools can mont it, pretty sure alcohol 120% can also
    videolan can play dvd's, it can do anything
    VLC - the cross-platform media player and streaming server
    VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs

i know it can play dvds. but what i'm looking for is to display the menu, and let u select and stuff, just like if u poped a dvd into a dvd player and used the remote to select stuff. cuz i'm getting the one with chinese subs for my friend (refer to my posts in movieworld) and i need to be able to get those subs up somehow

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ok. it looks like wmp plays dvds and it shows the menu. wow! i didn't know that! u can even select the stuff with ur mouse! ooooooo

ok

thanks guys

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl2
    who said it doesn't have a menu

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    if you install powerdvd, and have the image mounted, and open the image with powerdvd it will work exactly like a dvd in every way

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    thanks. i just need some reassurance b4 i spend 80 hrs dling this piece of carp

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    h1
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@15 March 2004 - 00:43
    piece of carp
    Tasty. I prefer salmon though.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    Yea abu powerdvd works atreat

by far the best for watching dvds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast