Thread: 80's Psychedlic Song And Video Id Needed

hi i saw a video set in a mental hospital it seemed and by an 80's group. let me start by saying i know for certain it is not the fuzztones ward 69 video. here's a description of the lyrics followed by video description:

lyrics:

i'm gonna love you back repeated 3x

i'm gonna love you mad

an innocent kid who was out of his mind
    the first time i met you back in 79
    placed upon you you've been given crack
    it didn't take long until everything went black

i'm gonna love you mad

now your spending your life in a hospital bed
    and your so called friends they wish that you were dead
    they said you were sick because you wanted to kill
    you didn't get no respect and that's what made you real

i'm gonna love you mad

i'm gonna love you back repeat 8x

there are 3 guy members in this group who are dressed like doctors who are in the whole video and just one female nurse who is only in the first half of the video. the first chorus is sung in front of two windows with the lead singer singing into the camera and his bandmates dancing behind him. while throughout this seen and the video kaleidescopic typical psychedelic color swirls are superimposed on the video.

during the fist verse the lead singer is singing into the camera like it's a patients face while the other two band members are by the patients feet. the nurse dressed in a scrub outfit shines a light around the patients had and is shown moving the bed. during the chorus leading into the second verse she is pushing the bed down the hall while the other all the band members are dancing behind her with surgical mask on. while the music playing and the chorus is not being sung leading into the second or third verse depending on whether i caught during the second verse or the song only has two verses we get a sideways shot of a mouth face up sticking its tongue out licking like it was licking an acid tab. I think this is enough of a description to help out anyone who knows.

2. Music   -   #2
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    You got all these details, but you didn't manage to read the title and artist at the end of the video?

3. Music   -   #3
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@15 March 2004 - 19:11
    You got all these details, but you didn't manage to read the title and artist at the end of the video?
    i got the vid on tape but it was on a public access video show which didn't have that info for the vid. i emailed the host but he gave me the wrong video which was shown on the show a week earlier the fuzztones "ward 81" video. i just emailed him these details in hopes he can help me.

4. Music   -   #4

5. Music   -   #5
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@16 March 2004 - 09:14
    Beastie Boys?
    holy shit i just noticed we registered on the same day. yeah the beastie boys are psychedelia.

6. Music   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by slick nick@16 March 2004 - 16:03
    yeah the beastie boys are psychedelia.  
    I realize that, but I can't think of any psychedelia from the 80's. That's more of a late 60's, early 70's sound. It was you description of the video that made me think of the Beastie Boys.

7. Music   -   #7
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I have no idea but would like to know I'm into that sort of stuff

8. Music   -   #8

9. Music   -   #9
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@18 March 2004 - 09:12
    I did a Google search on some of the lyrics and this is what I found...

http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1214
    as you can tell that's my post and the name i use at that site. damn i emailed rudy protrudi from the fuzztones to see if he knew. he didn't but wants a copy of the video. i told him i'd send it next week. the show i saw it on is hosted by a guy who was in the ward 81 video by rudi's band the fuzztones and whose brother was the drummer at the time. small world eh?