Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smudge Tool! In Photoshop 7

Twist3r
    i have been reading tutorials and they all say for making good blood u use the smudge tool i cannot find this damn tool!!! im using photo shop 7, i went into help and it just had a picture of the smudge tool icon and how to use it but i still cant find that icon can some one help me

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Forum Star
    it should be hiding underneath the 'blur' tool

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Twist3r
    thanks man

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Forum Star

search google for 'fosi' and get the 'Eye Candy 4000' and 'Xenofex' plugins - loads of good filters like 'drip' etc, saves time 'smudging'

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    h1
    Originally posted by pol@15 March 2004 - 23:15
    search google for 'fosi' and get the 'Eye Candy 4000' and 'Xenofex' plugins - loads of good filters like 'drip' etc, saves time 'smudging'
    Laziness at its pinnacle.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Twist3r
    YES!!! that plug in is awsome it makes awsome blood, thanks agan man

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Twist3r
    ahh i have another photoshop problem how do i copy a whole image and paste it on anthother, because when i try to do that now it just copies the layer i have selected

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by haxor41789+16 March 2004 - 05:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haxor41789 &#064; 16 March 2004 - 05:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-pol@15 March 2004 - 23:15
    search google for &#39;fosi&#39; and get the &#39;Eye Candy 4000&#39; and &#39;Xenofex&#39; plugins - loads of good filters like &#39;drip&#39; etc, saves time &#39;smudging&#39;
    Laziness at its pinnacle. [/b][/quote]

i prefer &#39;user friendly&#39;

ahh i have another photoshop problem how do i copy a whole image and paste it on anthother, because when i try to do that now it just copies the layer i have selected
    you can either &#39;flatten&#39; or &#39;merge visible&#39; in the &#39;layer&#39; menu -

or if you dont need the full pic, just link the layers you want and &#39;merge linked&#39; -

then you can just drag and drop the layer/pic on to the new one. there are other ways but these are the easiest/laziest

and remember to &#39;undo&#39; the merging/flattening on the original pic before you save so you&#39;ll still have all the layers

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Twist3r
    thanks agan&#33;&#33;&#33;

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by pol@17 March 2004 - 12:44
    ...then you can just drag and drop the layer/pic on to the new one. there are other ways but these are the easiest/laziest

and remember to &#39;undo&#39; the merging/flattening on the original pic before you save so you&#39;ll still have all the layers
    I found a lazier way.

Image menu> Duplicate... - and give the copy a name.
    If required, Ctrl+Shift+E to merge all visible layers of the copy.
    Crtl+C to copy & Ctrl+V to paste into another image.

I&#39;ve found it to be good practice to make a duplicate image of anything I want to temporarily modify, like flattening and unflattening layers.
    It eliminates the need to undo any changes before saving (handy if you get lots of distractions and forget what you were doing), and you can just bin the copy when you&#39;re done.
    That way you dont risk the loss of all your hard work on the original.

I speak from bitter experience here.

pol, while we&#39;re on topics Photoshoppy, I have a question for you .

That screenshot you made of the tool pallette with the fly-out menu showing.
    I&#39;ve tried that in the past with alt+Print Screen and all I get is just the fly-out menu, without the tool pallette.

How did you do that? Was it done in just the one shot, or did you have to combine 2 images?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast