Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trustyfiles Fasttrack & Gnutella

Image Resized
    http://fileforum.betanews.com/screenshots/1073458862.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'></a>

<a href='http://www.trustyfiles.com/]http://www.trustyfiles.com/

Publisher&#39;s Description
    TrustyFiles 2.1 delivers the most results with access to Kazaa, Gnutella, and Gnutella 2 networks, personal and private file sharing, and our own state-of-the-art P2P network engine.

Sure, you can download music, video, films, games, photos, and software. ... But TrustyFiles does so much more&#33;

TrustyFiles is designed for you AND your friends.

Keep it Personal
    Share your favorite files and searches direct with friends. Got a great file on your PC or that you&#39;re downloading? Ran a search with terrific results? One click and you can send it to a friend. more

Protect your Privacy
    TrustyFiles protects your confidential and private files. Ensure no one else can find the files you&#39;re sharing except your friends. more

P2P it with the Public Net
    Search for hundreds of millions of files from TrustyFiles, Kazaa, Grokster, Morpheus, Limewire, Bearshare, Shareaza, and other Fast Track and Gnutella network users. TrustyFiles is state-of-the-art software with features like multiple simultaneous searches. Grab a file from web sites or anyplace you see TrustyLinks, Gnutella Magnet, and Kazaa Sig2dat Links. more

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    The piece of shit locked up when I tried running it. Arm gives it a 0.

Why cant someone make a peer-to-peer program that connects to multiple networks and doesnt suck? And the first person who says Shareaza, pleace read the abode sentence again.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Well does it have any spyware ?
    P4 2.4C / 1024M / R9600XT 128M / 80GB / 400W
    Peer-to-peer Programs...

4. File Sharing   -   #4

5. File Sharing   -   #5

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by GrubMe@16 March 2004 - 14:06
    Well does it have any spyware ?
    The description says it has none whatsoever..

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    These guys try to claim that there code is original but most of it is open source, its also agaist the agreements for using open source as it requires you to declare that you&#39;ve actualy used the code in the first place.

Basiclly there trying to pass someone elses work as there own

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by NightStalker+19 March 2004 - 20:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NightStalker &#064; 19 March 2004 - 20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-GrubMe@16 March 2004 - 14:06
    Well does it have any spyware&nbsp; ?
    The description says it has none whatsoever.. [/b][/quote]
    but it connects to jrazorpop.cjt1.net (cydoor) for ads, and we all know how trusty cydoor is.
    of course you can add jrazorpop.cjt1.net to your HOSTS file and redirect the ad banner to a local webserver and customize the banner space into a menu.
    BTW i have been playing with some other giFT programs that connect to openFT, Gnutella and FastTrack also:
    http://kceasy.com : KCeasy comes with giFT and installer
    http://yaggui.sf.net/ (java) Yet Another giFT GUI: giFT daemon not included but you can use giFT-0.11.6-pr1.msi to install giFT on windows)
    giFTwin32 comes with giFT and installer.

none can match the features of kazaa, but at least theyre open source and show promise.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    I havent been able to run it on my comp yet but in their support forum they say it supports partial file sharing with the FT network, which i think its a great feature

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Thanks for the discussion. We&#39;re the developer of TrustyFiles

Let me address some of your comments.

- We just came out with a new update TrustyFiles 2.1.0.1 that cleaned up a few bugs. If you had a problem , please try it again. 99.9% of our users love it and have no problems. We get excellent ratings at Download.com.

- There is NO spyware or bundled software We have a straight ad banner and that&#39;s it. We use Cydoor for the banners ads. We DO NOT use their DLL. It is a straight ad call just like from a web page.

- The current version DOES use giFT. I&#39;ve stated elsewhere that it&#39;s all ours, and was wrong. It was an honest mistake due to a disconnect with my programmers. I had jumped the gun. Our next update, coming out within 1-2 weeks, will be ours alone.

Thank you,
    Marc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast