Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virus?

GUYS I NEED HELP ALL THE MUSIC IN MY MUSIC FOLDER DOESNT PLAY ANYMORE I HAD RARE MUSIC IN THERE U CANT FIND ANYWHERE ELSE.

PLEASE WHAT IS THE PROBLEM DO I HAVE A VIRUS IM DOIN A FREE VIRUS SCAN RIGHT NOW BUT IT HASNT SEEN ANYTHING

PLEASE HELP OH GOD THIS SUCKS
    Signature removed, please check the board rules

2. Music   -   #2
    DONT TYPE IN BOLD, IT WONT HELP TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM ANYWAYS! TRY PLAYING MUSIC WITH SOME OTHER PLAYER!
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Music   -   #3
    Originally posted by I.am@16 March 2004 - 09:00
    DONT TYPE IN BOLD, IT WONT HELP TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM ANYWAYS&#33; TRY PLAYING MUSIC WITH SOME OTHER PLAYER&#33;
    sorry and thanks it worked

but do u have any idea why windows media player cant play them it comes up saying that the file may be corrupted or doesnt exist

4. Music   -   #4
    Either the file is incompatible with media player or media player needs to be re-installed. What format is the file?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Music   -   #5
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by icantwin+16 March 2004 - 09:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (icantwin @ 16 March 2004 - 09:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-I.am@16 March 2004 - 09:00
    DONT TYPE IN BOLD, IT WONT HELP TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM ANYWAYS&#33; TRY PLAYING MUSIC WITH SOME OTHER PLAYER&#33;
    sorry and thanks it worked

but do u have any idea why windows media player cant play them it comes up saying that the file may be corrupted or doesnt exist [/b][/quote]
    I once had the same problem with windows media player...I think I had done a adaware or a spybot scan and removed all the rubbish. It probably removed some codec&#39;s as well. I stopped using WMP as it has a rather annoying habit of of connecting to the internet without permission...

6. Music   -   #6
    Dont uninstall any codec. Lets see what the format is...and the possibility that mplayer got corrupted. :music1:

7. Music   -   #7
    Originally posted by I.am@16 March 2004 - 09:25
    Dont uninstall any codec. Lets see what the format is...and the possibility that mplayer got corrupted. :music1:
    oh ok u see what nigel wrote, thats what i did right before i used adaware. now it say i missing a codec it the one for sounds because it plays a movie i had but with out sounds

8. Music   -   #8
    I see&#33; Well the klite codec pack is always there you can re-install it unless you know which specific codec is missing. I would suggest just to reinstall it.

Also what format was the music file? and what player opened it instead of wmp?

9. Music   -   #9
    Originally posted by I.am@16 March 2004 - 09:38
    Also what format was the music file? and what player opened it instead of wmp?
    it was WMA file and the program i used to open it was sonicstage

10. Music   -   #10
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Including myself I know three people who cannot play music using Media player. If they manage in, any way, it has &#39;scratchy&#39; music. We all use RealOne with no problems.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast