Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Question Needs Answering

BANNED
    Originally posted by 4th gen@16 March 2004 - 20:20
    If you threw the bundle at the ceiling, would it just bounce up and down between the ceiling and floor?
    Would it accelerate?
    i would say accelerate

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by RapFan+16 March 2004 - 21:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RapFan @ 16 March 2004 - 21:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-4th gen@16 March 2004 - 20:20
    If you threw the bundle at the ceiling, would it just bounce up and down between the ceiling and floor?
    Would it accelerate?
    i would say accelerate [/b][/quote]
    i would say newtons 2nd and third law denounce your arguement as shite.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Spider_dude+16 March 2004 - 22:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spider_dude @ 16 March 2004 - 22:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by RapFan@16 March 2004 - 21:37
    <!--QuoteBegin-4th gen
    @16 March 2004 - 20:20
    Would it accelerate?

i would say accelerate
    i would say newtons 2nd and third law denounce your arguement as shite. [/b][/quote]
    i would say i don&#39;t care Mr. Dude

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by Spider_dude+16 March 2004 - 17:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spider_dude &#064; 16 March 2004 - 17:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by RapFan@16 March 2004 - 21:37
    <!--QuoteBegin-4th gen
    @16 March 2004 - 20:20
    Would it accelerate?

i would say accelerate
    i would say newtons 2nd and third law denounce your arguement as shite. [/b][/quote]

Thats me... Thats me...

There&#39;s no &#39;I&#39; in &#39;team&#39;. But then there&#39;s no &#39;I&#39; in &#39;useless smug colleague&#39;, either.
    And there&#39;s four in &#39;platitude-quoting idiot&#39;. Go figure.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Poster
    i fou got a small cat/toast ball. and carved a cricket bat from a floor board, would i be able to hit 6s everytime?
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

6. Lounge   -   #36
    BANNED
    the cat and the toast would rip apart causing mass blood and butter gore

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    The mass of the cat, toast, butter and combination is irrelevant as they will always fall at ~9.81m/s/s.

The distance dropped is however relevant, as is the alignment of the cat / toast hybrid.

If you drop them with the cat&#39;s feet down from 1 inch then it will land cat down, but wobble slightly.

If you do it from a greater distance say 1 foot, then the cat will be at a distinct angle by the time it hits the ground.

If you drop them from a higher distance, say 10 feet then it will wobble markedly and eventually land sideways, given that the toast has had time to have effect.

In short, if dropped from a small height then it will land with the side which was facing downwards still facing downwards, however it will be at a greater or lesser angle. Once you reach a critical height then the effect will be strong enough for the whole conglomeration to land on it&#39;s side.

(I have taken the effect to be infinite for both cat and buttered toast, as the question suggests that they always land a certain way).

I would propose that this height be known as Spider&#39;s Distance.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I just feel sorry for all these cats all over the globe. They are probably thinking, &#39;What is all this toast strapped to my back and why am I continually getting dropped while facing the ceiling&#39;?

Those that have survived are probably thinking, &#39;See that F*ng spider dude&#39;.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234