Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improvements In Kazaalite/klr

i have been using kazaalite for almost a year now. i think its the best p2p network out there. but i feel there's room for improvement:

1. LEECHERS: they're a big problem in any p2p network.there should be a way to kick those selfish bastards.
    but at the same time care should be taken to preserve genuine uploaders.for eg. a few users complain that their connections are refused as uploaders are unable to get a list of their shared files due to privacy reasons.we should be able to see the amount of data the person is sharing(whom we are uploading to).

2. PARTIAL FILE DOWNLOADING:the absence of this feature in kl prevents faster spreading of files.leechers remove their downloaded files from their shared folders after completion.this feature would ensure sharing till atleast the download is complete.

3. AUTOMATIC SUPERNODE JUMPER:lets face it ,using kazupernodes can be such a pain.the whole process can be automated: when the download speed falls below a specified limit it should automatically search for the fastest supernodes and connect which avoids the need for constantly babysitting over kazaa.

presently i can think of only these improvements but im sure u guys reading this have a couple more.please mention them here

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    somehow get alot of users back like it was a year or so ago

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    You can forget about 1 and 2. That would require changing how the whole network works. And that is not possible.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Number 3 sounds like a good idea though

Just a grateful user!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    The easiest way to fix the leecher problem would be to disable the 'Disable Sharing' option. I Doubt it would be possible to disable that feature in v2.6 but im sure it would be possible in the 2.4.x versions.

and as for #2, that would be almost impossible (if not impossible) to implement into KaZaA. If you want that option go to eMule, eDonley or Overnet.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    lol there is no way of telling who is leeching even kmd has programs and cracks that will give the option of not showing your files, disabling it won't do nothing.

every body needs to just let it go

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    u're getting me wrong regarding the example in the first improvement.
    what im saying is we should be able to see the amount of data a user shares, not the list of data , this amount should be displayed next to the user who we are uploading to in brackets.
    with this feature we would be able to distinguish between leechers and non-leechers without looking at their shared files and thus maintaining protection from riaa.
    i know there's a loophole in this (sharing useless files to increase the amount shared) but it would be a step forward.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by boogeyman@6 March 2004 - 22:30
    u're getting me wrong regarding the example in the first improvement.
    what im saying is we should be able to see the amount of data a user shares, not the list of data , this amount should be displayed next to the user who we are uploading to in brackets.
    with this feature we would be able to distinguish between leechers and non-leechers without looking at their shared files and thus maintaining protection from riaa.
    i know there's a loophole in this (sharing useless files to increase the amount shared) but it would be a step forward.
    The FT Network is already dying/dead.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    i partially agree with u mr. blunt but whatever its(ft networks) weaknesses, its still the largest one around.ive used shareaza , winmx , edonkey et al. most of them cant even connect to their networks let alone downloading files off of them.
    recently i got a chance to use ares and i must say it is faster but 1/10th the amount of users on FT and it also has the first 2 features i mentioned in my earlier post.but one major problem remains less users. if there were even half the amount of users of kazaa on ares i would switch over to ares without having a second thought.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I have an idea:

There should be an option in "kazaa - search" where we can search a file by extension and another type, named "archive", that contains the RAR, ZIP, TAR etc + ISO extensions and also there would be great to have some search templetes that could be saved and later used like this:
    1. name of file
    2. extension
    3. size etc

And also something that I would find really usefull it would be the posibility to set on the general search a minumum size for the file we are looking for. For example I'm looking for the movie MONSTER and I want to search for both movie files, archives (that contain the movie) and ISO compilations (with the movie ofcourse).
    When I type in the word MONSTER it's gonna find thousands of files under 10k when in fact I'm looking for files with a minimum size of 400 MB !

One more thing:
    Is there possible to have implemented some "AND, OR, MINUS etc" into the Kazaa Search. The same example: I'm looking for MONSTER, NOT MONSTERS INC.

Any thoughts ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast