Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is The House Where You Live...

Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by Azzz+17 March 2004 - 00:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 17 March 2004 - 00:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spider_dude@16 March 2004 - 23:44
    semi detached house, in very nice area, 6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, study, house is 160 years old. next door neighbours house sold for £380,000 last summer, my house is slightly bigger. 2 cars in driveway, clio and picasso.
    are you sure thts real and not a dream [/b][/quote]
    it is obviously not my house, but it is my inheritance.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    I have an apartment and love it.

No lawn chores, no worries about pipes, appliances, or fire.

I have a second floor poolside view, and a free gym 100 ft from my door.

Just today I awoke to no hot water, the cause being a defunct "element".

I called the management and said, "I&#39;m Rick James bitch and I got no hot water". By lunch, they called to tell me all was well, again.

In the time I have lived here, I have lost a washer, dryer, microwave, water heater, stove element, and few burst outside pipes. All easily dealt with by a single phone call. No waiting for repairmen and no worries that they are going to gouge me with unfair prices. I&#39;m a single guy, I can&#39;t run back and forth from work to let workman in.

Keep your homes, I like my batchelor pad.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #33
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by Spider_dude+16 March 2004 - 16:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spider_dude @ 16 March 2004 - 16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Azzz@17 March 2004 - 00:47
    <!--QuoteBegin-Spider_dude
    @16 March 2004 - 23:44
    semi detached house, in very nice area, 6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, study, house is 160 years old. next door neighbours house sold for £380,000 last summer, my house is slightly bigger. 2 cars in driveway, clio and picasso.

are you sure thts real and not a dream
    it is obviously not my house, but it is my inheritance. [/b][/quote]
    My parents live in England and their house is worth a pretty penny, however my brother and i have decided that our inheritance will go to our children instead of us as we are all grown up and made our own way in the world. I have always been independent and started with nothing but as someone stated i had to work like a slave to get where i am now

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by hobbes@16 March 2004 - 17:08
    I have an apartment and love it.

No lawn chores, no worries about pipes, appliances, or fire.

I have a second floor poolside view, and a free gym 100 ft from my door.

Just today I awoke to no hot water, the cause being a defunct "element".

I called the management and said, "I&#39;m Rick James bitch and I got no hot water". By lunch, they called to tell me all was well, again.

In the time I have lived here, I have lost a washer, dryer, microwave, water heater, stove element, and few burst outside pipes. All easily dealt with by a single phone call. No waiting for repairmen and no worries that they are going to gouge me with unfair prices. I&#39;m a single guy, I can&#39;t run back and forth from work to let workman in.

Keep your homes, I like my batchelor pad.
    sounds like an old folks home to me

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    oldmancan's Avatar Poster
    @J&#39;Pol

A suite is a self-contained separate living area that occupies part of a house. The house doesn&#39;t necessarily have to be detatched.

A secondary suite is a local (provincial building code) designation for a suite that meets a certain criteria. The requirements for secondary suite status are a relaxed version of the duplex requirements.

The local housing market is primarily detached single family homes. With real estate values going through the roof, even two wage earner families cannot afford to purchase. The result is a growing number of illegal suites. It has gotten to the point that banks are willing to consider rental income from an illegal suite as part of the financing arrangements.

In my case, I don&#39;t have the required lot size to "duplex". The only legal alternative is the secondary suite status.

I am happy to say that I passed my final building inspection on Monday.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by oldmancan@17 March 2004 - 02:19

The good news is that OMC has now been confirmed as being a building. Congrats big guy.

Sorry, I&#39;ll get me coat.

PS Thanks for the explanation. I am hopeful I will understand it when sans pomme.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+17 March 2004 - 01:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 17 March 2004 - 01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-oldmancan@17 March 2004 - 02:19

The good news is that OMC has now been confirmed as being a building. Congrats big guy.

Sorry, I&#39;ll get me coat.

PS Thanks for the explanation. I am hopeful I will understand it when sans pomme. [/b][/quote]
    Another couple of apples and you wont be long till you are awa* JP. Then you may pass your certification.

* You explain it. I cant be jucked. Too much apple.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Semi-detached. Lived here since I was about 1 year old.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234