Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maximising Uload Potential

I produce my own music and would like to maximise the possibility of people downloading my music.

I live in the UK and when I check SN I find I am always connected to an SN in Sweden.

I can change supernodes to a US supernode but does this mean that people in US will have a better chance of finding my files or does it just mean that I can find US based files earlier?

Any other tips for maximising the ability for people finding my files, should I set up as a SN?

Eric

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    who ever connects to the sn you are connected to will find your files and download from you

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Great news thanks muscle man.

Is it possible to connect to two SNs eg one in the UK and one in the US.

I do have two computers but only one cable connection (therefore one IP)

Or could I create a couple of users in xp have both of them running xp with different SNs?

Eric

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    h1
    Connection to two supernodes at once is not possible.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    are you talking about one pc?? also klite will change sn every 8 hours or so i think

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    poss not the best way to advertise your songs ect , as they would have to know who you are and the name of the songs ect to choose to download from you.

unless you fake the files and they download them and listen and then think hmmm thats not bad you aint gunna get far , most ppl will just delete them if they arnt the real thing

I suggest you try more of a web style media for unrealeased artists, and there are heaps to choose from, and maybe get your self some air time on community type stations ect

perhaps even look at the new winamp , where you can open your own station and let ppl listen

Personaly i just think Kazaa is not realy a good way to spread you music to the masses

But keep pluggin mate , long live rock and roll and music in general . Original music is becomming rarer by the day with all of the current remakes

Original thought needs to be expressed in any way it can

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    h1
    If you are making your own music available, I recommend SoundClick.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I still think that KaZaa is the best way to get your music heard. Lets face it the only people that visit soundclick and the like are other bands. Thats why all these sites charge you a flat rate for the shopping cart rather than a commission on sales - because they know sales are pretty much non-existant.

People who want to download music use kazaa. I hate the idea of faking - as you say people will simpy delete. Howver I think inteeligent use of tags is a great idea.

I think people who like Frank Zappa would also like my music as he was a big influence on my music so, I have a track called "sometime" so in the track name tag I set the description to

Sometime - heavily influenced by Frank Zappa - would sit well on Joes Garage"

Then when searching for Frank Zappa and/or Joes Garage - my track will apprear in people listings - they will not be tricked into downloading because of the title but may be interested enough to have a listen.

Any thoughts on this approach?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    each klite on a computer can be connected to a different supernode, but don't do 2 users on the same pc that will kill your pc's speed and net connection

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    One thing that vastly increases your 'reach' on Kazaa or almost any file-sharing network is to NOT be firewalled as far as the file-sharing program/s is concerned.

If you are FIREWALLED, only those that are NOT firewalled can download from you.

Worse still, if you are behind a router on KL++ it is rather difficult to prevent being firewalled. EVEN with KaNAT there will be moments where your connection sends out your LAN ip address instead of your internet WAN ip address.

Being that Kazaa still has many 56k and slow broadband users, it's best to allow enough uploads at once so you don't have dedicated (to KL++) upload bandwidth going idle. Give each upload about 2-5 KB/sec and forget about it.

LIMIT the max upload bandwidth used to less than the THEORETICAL MAX for your connection, or you will experience high packetloss -- which forces your connection to resend (sometimes MULTIPLE TIMES) parts of the uploads. With upload max set to ~80-90% of max for your connection, it should run smoothly and let you surf the internet with only a tiny slowdown if any.

Unless you're sharing very few files, do NOT allow others to list all your shared files -- this can use considerable amounts of UPLOAD bandwidth better spent actually uploading files.

Regular searches are about the only way for someone to find your files on Kazaa unless you use hash links -- which you might want to put on your website/s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast