Thread: Spyware In Edonkey/overnet Lite Or Edonkey Voyeur?

Hi All.

I checked with adaware, and I found 2 gators and 1 alexa in my system. I'd just installed edonkey voyeur from one of the posts below, but I'm not sure if this was the cause, or something else earlier.

I was wondering, does overnet/edonkey lite make dummy files the way kazaa lite used to do, so as to fool the program into thinking that it still has the spyware? Or are these installed with the klite codec pack?

Thanks, and if it was caused by edonkey voyeur, then this is a head's up.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    Overnet only has spyware if you check the boxes to install it. When you install it, It ask you for the additional software. If you don't uncheck the boxes, it will be installed. The actual program is spyware free. If you want to get rid of the banner ads, use the loader.
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking maybe I got the spyware from donkeyvoyeur, as I don't think I had spyware until I installed that.