Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mvcd?

Sp-Am
    I've seen MVCD files being offered in IRC. What type of MPEG's are these?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    i think i read that mvcd is a european equilavent of kvcd, but dont quote me on that. if you google 'mvcd' you get a lot of german sites, so it seems to make sense. id check with someone else, cos im not 100% sure, but id be warry of downloading them unless you know there in english.

(wasent there a lot of starship troopers 2?. that ould make sense cos the first version out was a german vhs screener rip.)
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    A german rip off of kvcd but they said they didn&#39;t steal the templates and Ideas.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    and most of teh time there fucked up like KVCDs

half way through the movie whist the person who joined say disk 1 and disk 2 together then made it a KVCD as soon as it gets to halfway the whole thing freezes and the sound plays

the quality is crap IMO

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    muchspl2
    what the hell are you on about
    if done correctly kvcd is fine, mvcd is a knock off and havn&#39;t never seen one
    but kvcd is not crap

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    ive gotta agree there, im not kvcd&#39;s biggest fan, but if you encode properly it can be bloody good quality, especially considering how much disc space you save.

and ive never had problems with kvcds ive downloaded off irc either.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Originally posted by muchspl2@16 March 2004 - 23:18
    what the hell are you on about
    if done correctly kvcd is fine, mvcd is a knock off and havn&#39;t never seen one
    but kvcd is not crap
    i have tons of kvcd&#39;s (all thanks to muchspl2 , thanks btw&#33 and i think you&#39;re on cocaine adster or some fucked up shit, cuz kvcd is the best format (if u wanna call kvcd a format) that u can get by burning it on to a 700-800 mb cd-r(w).

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    muchspl2
    kvcd crew
    adstar couldn&#39;t ever encode a kvcd so he really hasn&#39;t seen how good kvcd can be

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by Adster@17 March 2004 - 07:05
    and most of teh time there fucked up like KVCDs

half way through the movie whist the person who joined say disk 1 and disk 2 together then made it a KVCD as soon as it gets to halfway the whole thing freezes and the sound plays

the quality is crap IMO
    Avi&#39;s that are converted to kvcd are real shit, downloaded Star Trek Nemesis kvcd off suprnova and the graphics especialy on writing were jaged and the sound just suxed....

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by muchspl2@17 March 2004 - 04:11
    kvcd crew
    adstar couldn&#39;t ever encode a kvcd so he really hasn&#39;t seen how good kvcd can be
    Yes, that&#39;s what I was about to say I remember when he was trying it and he kept having problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast