Thread: Help

I have my own pc at work (cheap co.) and i don't have any prob. w/ games...when i try to put some of the same ones on my secratary's i get a "can't find dll" and it won't open. These are just simple games like checkers. i have put in dxball and some others w/o problem. Any one got a solution???? (WE have a lot of spare time.....)

2. Games   -   #2
    is it the same windows, does it have the same version directx installed

3. Games   -   #3
    no it has 95...ive got xp...don't know what directx is..

4. Games   -   #4
    i downloaded directx for 95...i'll try it even thou i don't know what it is....thanks

5. Games   -   #5
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    if u can tell me the exact name of the dll file, i can get it 4 u

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by zax@15 March 2004 - 18:27
    i downloaded directx for 95...i'll try it even thou i don't know what it is....thanks
    by the name "dxball" i'm guessing the game has some form of DirectX-based graphics. DirectX is a set of Windows drivers that are tied in with audio/video functions, and with accessories. there are a few other graphics formats for Windows games (like OpenGL), but DirectX is Microsoft's official product. once in a while (maybe once per year...) you have to update your DirectX version, in order to make sure that newer games will work correctly.

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    If they are older games you will need these 3 in your Windows\System folder for them to run vbrun100.dll,vbrun200.dll and vbrun300.dll which can be found at http://www.dll-files.com/ .

8. Games   -   #8
    bless you all for your time and help