Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maximising Uload Potential

BANNED
    those are very great points also

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@19 March 2004 - 22:47
    each klite on a computer can be connected to a different supernode, but don't do 2 users on the same pc that will kill your pc's speed and net connection
    Some great advice in this thread - thanks.

How do I run more than one klite on same computer, tried it with 5 different users but when every I jumped supernode or changed the port - all users changed.

Got 1Gig memory so multiple versions seem to run ok.

Switech thanks for the firewall advice - a few friends could find my file but not download - I am sure that was the problem.

Thanks
    Again

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    BANNED
    as i mentioned your best bet would be to run only one klite per pc, here is the thing, lets say your upload speed is 30KB,now that means that one klite can upload at max of 30KB but 2 of them can now max out at 15KB and so on and so forth

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@20 March 2004 - 04:16
    as i mentioned your best bet would be to run only one klite per pc, here is the thing, lets say your upload speed is 30KB,now that means that one klite can upload at max of 30KB but 2 of them can now max out at 15KB and so on and so forth
    Actually, running 2 copies of KL++ will mean each gets on average LESS than 15 KB/sec for uploads due to contention issues. Worse still, 1 might not have any uploads while the other is overloaded -- so either they both are allowed more upload bandwidth than the connection can sustain at once or upload bandwidth will go idle.

It's just like splitting upload bandwidth between lots of uploads at once, with only 1 upload to a fast downloader, files go out at 30 KB/sec -- but with 10 uploads at once the combined speed might only be 25 KB/sec or LESS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12