Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotk Brutus Rip

Poster
    is the brutus rip a real dvd rip, or about the same quality as the INTERNAL.DIAMOND one. just wondering if its redundant now the dvd-r version is out

just wanted to know cos the speeds seem to be a lot better than the dvd-r version for some reason

cheers for any replies in advance
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Retired
    dvd-r is always better then a DVDrip

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    cheers ike

was just wondering bout the actual quality of the brutus one. i know dvd-r&#39;s are pretty much perfect (obviously considering the source), but the internal daiond versio of rotk seemed actually to be a perfect telecine from a cinema rather than the quality you get from a 2 disc xvid rip for example (eg swat xvid 2 disc)

so is the brutus rip as good as the best rip, or is it of lesser quality like the internal diamond rip

cheers anyway ike tho
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Retired
    Originally posted by newcombe6@17 March 2004 - 14:30
    cheers ike

was just wondering bout the actual quality of the brutus one. i know dvd-r&#39;s are pretty much perfect (obviously considering the source), but the internal daiond versio of rotk seemed actually to be a perfect telecine from a cinema rather than the quality you get from a 2 disc xvid rip for example (eg swat xvid 2 disc)

so is the brutus rip as good as the best rip, or is it of lesser quality like the internal diamond rip

cheers anyway ike tho
    for this the DVDrip is the best, because the DVD-r isnt a copy of the Retail DVD but only a high encoded TC

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    cheers ike, i appreciate it. i was a wondering.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    the brutus rip isn&#39;t bad at all. quality is pretty good

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@17 March 2004 - 17:52

for this the DVDrip is the best, because the DVD-r isnt a copy of the Retail DVD but only a high encoded TC
    what does a high encoded TC mean???

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by downloadgeek+17 March 2004 - 22:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (downloadgeek @ 17 March 2004 - 22:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@17 March 2004 - 17:52

what does a high encoded TC mean??? [/b][/quote]
    i thought it was a direct dvd image. telecines are much lower quality

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@18 March 2004 - 02:57
    the brutus rip isn&#39;t bad at all. quality is pretty good
    hi apu. i have recently d/loaded Brutus version. the picture/sound is a dvd quality for sure but i dotn think my versiion seems to have been ripped properly.....
    ...... i was disappointed because it did not play as smooth as a film should play. every frame was really jumpy and there was no smooth translation from one frame to the next and that became very noticible throughout the whole film and gave me a headache which kiiled the film for me.
    did u guys find this to be a problem or is it just me?
    do u know what i am talking about?

if its just me then is there anything i can do to fix it?

here are the details of the avi file that i have for file 1 of 3
    file name: b-rotka.avi
    width: 640
    height: 256

duration: 01:13:17
    bit rate: 448kbps

frame rate: 23 frames/sec
    data rate: 162kbps
    video sample rate: 24 bit
    video compression: XVID

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    I got a readme once that told me to get Gordian.Knot.Codec.Pack.1.6 but only put on the XviD codec not had a problem since,go here for it then downloads.

http://www.doom9.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast