Thread: User Bandwidth Capping At 320

I noticed that no matter how many sources I have found for a single file the bandwidth for the people sharing is not going higher than 320. Which in turn is limiting my speeds to no more than 35.00 kbs. I would sometimes have a problem with user bandwidth caps but id simply close kazaa and restart. But even a reboot is not helping, neither is jumping supernodes. Any suggestions?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I do not think you are having a problem. With speeds of 35 you should be content, a lot of users get 5 or below

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    h1
    Are you behind a router?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Nope, No Router, No Firewall even. And i'd say no longer than a week ago user bandwidth would be in the 1000's if I found enough sources. I have 1mb dsl thru a usb modem.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    if this is what you see in the search window its just an indication of what bandwidth you used last time you got a file and it will change when you download again, it has nothing to do with how fast you can get files, in short ignore it

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Still cant get a rate above 35.00 kbs on a file with 10 sources. I'm used to getting around 80.00 kbs with that many sources.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by The Ozzman@19 March 2004 - 05:22
    Still cant get a rate above 35.00 kbs on a file with 10 sources.  I'm used to getting around 80.00 kbs with that many sources.
    maybe your are being capped by your isp

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    h1
    Go here to find out.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by The Ozzman@17 March 2004 - 20:54
    Nope, No Router, No Firewall even. And i'd say no longer than a week ago user bandwidth would be in the 1000's if I found enough sources. I have 1mb dsl thru a usb modem.
    If you plugged anything else into your USB ports, even if you're not actively using them, it can decrease your modem's speed.

USB connections are also prone to slightly higher failure rates for datapackets than ethernet (read:LAN) connections. It has to do with having to use an emulator to send the 'fake network connection' through and translate on both ends.