Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Cleaner 1.0

About Kazaa Cleaner

Kazaa Cleaner is a free and tiny Adware / Spyware remover utility especially designed for getting rid of all Spyware and Adware applications (i.e., Scumwares) that have been bundled, past and present, with all Kazaa Media Desktop clients.

Why use Kazaa Cleaner

What makes Kazaa Cleaner special is that not only does it permanently removes every single component (including every files, registry keys, startup item, and more) of the various Scumwares that have been installed with Kazaa, but it does so without hindering KMD, and it bypasses Kazaa's "Certified check".

Which Scumwares does Kazaa Cleaner removes?

If you're one of the 200 million people who've downloaded a copy of the Kazaa Media Desktop over the past few years, then your computer is probably infected with one of the following nasties, which coincidently Kazaa Cleaner removes:

1. Cydoor (Adware)

Always embedded with some host application. Cydoor's Ads OnSoftware™ embeds advertising in host software, converting it to "free" adware. Transmits email address and user-supplied demographic information (if supplied) to Cydoor. Demographic info is shared with third parties. Transmits advertising metrics such as ad displays and clicks.

2. The GAIN Network (Adware / Spyware)

The Gator Advertising Information Network (GAIN) is a network of advertisers who deliver ads thru the use of adware technology developed by The Gator Corporation. Installed on more than 8 million computers, Gator sends some info about you, including first name, country, and postal code, to the Gator web site. As you browse, it also tracks which Web sites you visit, products you may view, and your responses to Gator-launched ads.

3. Save Now (Adware / Spyware)

A single process run at startup which monitors open IE windows and opens adverts when it sees targeted URLs and terms entered into forms.

4. Hot Text, Top Text, Ezula, ContextPro (Adware)

When installed, eZula TopText will alter all pages viewed in IE, adding extra links to words and phrases targeted by advertisers. These links are unauthorised by the operators of the sites being viewed.

5. Dlder.exe (Spyware)

Noted as a Trojan by some antivirus programs (W32.DlDer.Trojan), this little nasty tracks your web surfing and uploads this information to a website (now apparently shut down). It can also download and activate executable files. You can expect to find a file called explorer.exe in your system directory (note that a legitimate Windows file is also called explorer.exe, but that is in main windows directory.

6. Brilliant Digital Entertainment (Adware)

A free viewer from BDE that plays rich media (audio and animation) and advertisements created with BDE's b3d Studio animation toolset. May track your browsing habits and report this info to a central ad server. Most commonly co-installed on computers through software programs such as music sharing or file sharing programs. Brilliant Digital is difficult to remove from a computer once installed because the components are actively running on the computer.

7. nCase (Adware / Spyware / Hijacker / BHO)

Loads at boot, and runs throughout your computing session, displaying advertising.

8. My Search (Adware / Spyware / BHO)

While browsing the web with the toolbar enabled, every 3-4th page viewed has its URL and page title sent to its central server on leaving the page. If there are any targeted terms in either the server returns a piece of JavaScript code to pop up an advertisement.

9. WUpdate (Spyware)

An unknown Spyware designed to download and install additional component from the Internet to your computer. Extremely dangerous since it can arbitrary install potentially dangerous code on your computer without any notice.

10. PerfectNAV (Hijacker / BHO)

'PerfectNav is designed to redirect your URL typing errors to PerfectNav's web page.

11. P2P Networking (Resource Hog)

P2P Networking is a component that enables other applications to use Peer-to-Peer functionality. P2P Networking is bundled with Kazaa v2.5.2 but is not required for its operation. P2P Networking is a resource hog, stealing bandwidth, memory and hard disk space.

12. Altnet Peer Points Manager (Resource hog)

Peer Points Manager meters licensed files (Gold Icon) uploaded by users who have chosen to collect Peer Points for sharing content, and enables them to directly redeem points for content or enter sweepstakes for cash or prizes. Peer Points Manager is a resource hog, stealing bandwidth, memory, and hard disk space.

13. Altnet TopSearch (BHO)

Likely to slow performance of Internet Explorer.

WEBSITE

DOWNLOAD

Warning! I don't know if this is really working or not , i'm not use KAZAA so use it on your risk!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Question: Does SPYBOT Search & Destroy 1.2 cleans what KAZAA Cleaner 1.0 cleans?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I wonder if one has to have KMD currently installed for this app to work. Or if it'd clean up KMD left over registry entries from months ago.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Won't Diet-K clean the same adware/spyware ?

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    This seems more orginized !
    P4 2.4C / 1024M / R9600XT 128M / 80GB / 400W
    Peer-to-peer Programs...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by ZaZu@17 March 2004 - 20:58
    Won't Diet-K clean the same adware/spyware ?
    I would think so and it has a reputation at least...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by REALITY+18 March 2004 - 06:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY &#064; 18 March 2004 - 06:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ZaZu@17 March 2004 - 20:58
    Won&#39;t Diet-K clean the same adware/spyware ?
    I would think so and it has a reputation at least... [/b][/quote]
    What&#39;s this story about reputation ? When Linux was released would you say the same thing ? At least WINDOWS has a reputation ? Leave to the people the right to choice what to use .

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by sharedholder+17 March 2004 - 23:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sharedholder @ 17 March 2004 - 23:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by REALITY@18 March 2004 - 06:47
    <!--QuoteBegin-ZaZu
    @17 March 2004 - 20:58
    Won&#39;t Diet-K clean the same adware/spyware ?

I would think so and it has a reputation at least...
    What&#39;s this story about reputation ? When Linux was released would you say the same thing ? At least WINDOWS has a reputation ? Leave to the people the right to choice what to use . [/b][/quote]
    WTF are you on now, I aint told nobody what to do, just stating my fkin opinion that if you have KMD already installed that I imagine DietK makes more sence considering its well known and does basically the same thing, so why fk with some new app that you yourself have stated...

Warning&#33; I don&#39;t know if this is really working or not , i&#39;m not use KAZAA so use it on your risk&#33;

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    So any developer of Clean KMD tried it ?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by sharedholder@19 March 2004 - 05:37
    So any developer of Clean KMD tried it ?
    I&#39;m suprised you don&#39;t have VMWare or something similar setup, or an older pc to test all this facinating stuff you find, yahoo, as for the rest of us here I&#39;m guessing this would seem rather useless to most of us...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast