Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Message To The Mods

BANNED
    the lounge is usually for fun, and to get postcount up.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    ok , so perhaps the SEARCH button should be very more obvious , so noob could find it or even a forum board topic so they can see it ,

and to relpy to Withcheese, i notice that some ppl with 5 stars as yourself seem to have a lot of as additional comments in posts , need i say more.

big words dont impress me or others , knowledge does

we where all noobs to forums once , and it can be a cofusing place, lets just make it easier for them to see the obvious answers and to know where to search for them

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by bulio@18 March 2004 - 06:49
    the lounge is usually for fun, and to get postcount up.  
    Nah I think most agree that getting post count up= low priority. What, how and quality of post is better suited.

As for the newbies searching, well I think Withcheese instigated the correct response when saying that the Search feature should be used when looking for answers, not the View New Posts..............that will only show most recent posts throughout the board, of course we all know that right?

A little common sense and overview of the board will reveal the whereabouts of all functions, including the location of the "Search" button. Easily viewable, not hidden.

There will always be repetitve questions, regardless of what actions taken to help make things easier.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    hooked's Avatar booster
    Originally posted by delphin460@18 March 2004 - 11:32
    dear mods

i realy like this forum, and the help we can all get here but is there any way you can seperate the lounge board from the view new posts, as its mostly spam and isnt realy help for anyone except for those that want to get their stars quick

im not against free speach , but most newbies here get so confused by all the spam they cant find the topics they are after and end up asking the same questions over and over again
    (thanks for this; due to this topic my postcount goes up 1)

wtf ? is going on in ppl mind when they decide to add a thread like yours.

this board contains many different forums . . .

viewe new posts and don't open the lounge posts

again wtf is wrong with that . . . .do you want anybody from here to make you a cup of teas with a cookie as well ?????

luv ya'll !

love yourself

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    argh , its the whole point when you click VIEW NEW POSTS 70% are lounge posts, need i say more

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by hooked+19 March 2004 - 00:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hooked @ 19 March 2004 - 00:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@18 March 2004 - 11:32
    dear mods

i realy like this forum, and the help we can all get here but is there any way you can seperate the lounge board from the view new posts, as its mostly spam and isnt realy help for anyone except for those that want to get their stars quick

im not against free speach , but most newbies here get so confused by all the spam they cant find the topics they are after and end up asking the same questions over and over again
    (thanks for this; due to this topic my postcount goes up 1)

wtf ? is going on in ppl mind when they decide to add a thread like yours.

this board contains many different forums . . .

viewe new posts and don&#39;t open the lounge posts

again wtf is wrong with that . . . .do you want anybody from here to make you a cup of teas with a cookie as well ?????

luv ya&#39;ll &#33;

[/b][/quote]
    Can you make me one please?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Originally posted by delphin460@18 March 2004 - 07:25
    argh , its the whole point when you click VIEW NEW POSTS 70% are lounge posts, need i say more
    Just surveyed, of the last 25 View New Post, 6 are Lounge-Talk Club related, seem fairly spread to me. Not overly powered by Lounge posts.

You&#39;ve expressed your thought, but I doubt that it will justify any changes on the board. If it bothers you that much, just skip over the &#39;View New Post" feature and search manually.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    im not disagreeing with you cornerpost , as i am used to the post by now , my whole point is noobs dont have this knowledge and thus wade through the confusing array of topics b4 they find what they want , and usualy end up just posting cause they cant find there answer within a very minimum amount of time .

note the usual attaention reading time is aprox 3 minutes b4 ppl give up and just ask the question anyway

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by delphin460@19 March 2004 - 00:50
    im not disagreeing with you cornerpost , as i am used to the post by now , my whole point is noobs dont have this knowledge and thus wade through the confusing array of topics b4 they find what they want , and usualy end up just posting cause they cant find there answer within a very minimum amount of time .

note the usual attaention reading time is aprox 3 minutes b4 ppl give up and just ask the question anyway
    who is cornerpost?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    The point is, the Search button is for searching specific or helpful posts, the View New Posts is to see what has been recently posted throughout the board, as in general, not specific. I am confident that newbies and members alike are well aware of the difference. The SEARCH button is fairly easy to spot, not hidden.

Again, highly doubt any changes will be done. Whether a new person wants to search or not, repetitve posts will always be around. A fact of life on Forums, we live with it on go on..........sorry it&#39;s not what you want but it&#39;s how it is.

Patience is a virtue to some, others well God help us.

Cheers,
    "CP"

no offense but it&#39;s CornerPocket
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast