Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Message To The Mods

dear mods

i realy like this forum, and the help we can all get here but is there any way you can seperate the lounge board from the view new posts, as its mostly spam and isnt realy help for anyone except for those that want to get their stars quick

im not against free speach , but most newbies here get so confused by all the spam they cant find the topics they are after and end up asking the same questions over and over again

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Poster
    Simple solution.

Don't visit The Lounge, and/or use the "Search" function..

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    nightstalker , ????????? wtf are we supposed to find relevant question and answers , spend all day looking at each board , hmmm i think thats not the answer, perhaps less crap is it !!!!!!!

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by delphin460@18 March 2004 - 21:32
    dear mods

i realy like this forum, and the help we can all get here but is there any way you can seperate the lounge board from the view new posts, as its mostly spam and isnt realy help for anyone except for those that want to get their stars quick

im not against free speach , but most newbies here get so confused by all the spam they cant find the topics they are after and end up asking the same questions over and over again
    No teh lounge is not for peopel to get their stars up

it's for having a general chat talk funny joke talking shit trying to be funny and yes some fun spam topics.

The problem is posts count there which is now leading to posts like this

nack then when you posted in the Biggest spam post topic no one gave a flying f*ck because posts didn't count and it was safe. now its harder to have fun in teh lounge because now its easy to be accused of "Your just getting your post count up"
    it's jsut harder to be free flowing as it once was

but the team here at KLF thought it was a great for the board and they decided on it

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Newbies will always ask the same questions over and over again no matter what you do, that's pretty much true of any board I've visited. These topics are easily avoided if they are that annoying, or if they really trouble you hit that report button.

And what happens to those who use this function who want to read the lounge posts?

You're not against free speech? That is, unless it annoys you...

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by delphin460@18 March 2004 - 08:01
    nightstalker , ????????? wtf are we supposed to find relevant question and answers , spend all day looking at each board , hmmm i think thats not the answer, perhaps less crap is it !!!!!!!
    When using the Search function you can choose "All Forums" or you can select more than one to search in.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    um sorry i you miss understand what im saying , please continue with the lounge as its a good place for ppl to connect

all im saying is that this is a very big forum, and for those new to forums its a crazy place with like 13 boards , and a whole lot of diffwerent topics, by all means continue as you are in the lounge, as all i am trying to say is that for the average user and those noobs the view new topics contains at least 50% lounge topics and thus makes it harder for mr noob to find what he requires

thus maybe just perhaps, we just might be able to seperate, advice from free speech, im not trying to dump on you guys in the lounge that wanna chat and get along, all i would like to see is the forum simplified for the average user and noob

i didnt intend to insult anyone, and am truely sorry if i did, i just wanna help and de confuse , if just a little , this forum

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    i didnt intend to insult anyone, and am truely sorry if i did, i just wanna help and de confuse , if just a little , this forum
    The whole wording of your post was insulting...even the presumptious title. If you'd used the search button you'd have realised this kind of topic has been done to death now.

"Newbies" should use the search function to find what they are after, do they? Of course not, no matter what changes are implemented.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    The lounge is indeed full of nonsense at times. I suppose some people seem to enjoy that "a lot" more than others.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Fasttracker A
    Simple solution make more faq ,guides and link to faq and guides for newbies on every possilbe subject ,done and done.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast