Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Us 'appeasement' Warning To Spain

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by leftism@20 March 2004 - 02:07

As for sales in relation to the news media, news outlets tend to tell people what they already agree with and/or what they want to hear. I don't buy the Daily Mail because I disagree strongly with the "editorials" and "commentary" it gives. I'm pretty sure j2k4 doesn't buy Living Marxism either for the same reason

I have yet to find a media source that tells me anything whatsoever that I want to hear.

An egregious overstep, in my opinion, as well as in the opinion of the fellow looking over my shoulder.

I know this concretely, as he just told me so himself.

You are taking liberties with your right to expression as well as with your gratuitous appropriation of my nick in your unweildy attempt to make a point you are not equipped to make.

I guess this will be characterized as an attack upon you; c'est le guerre!

This post not to be construed as attempt to impinge upon lefty's first thread; it's all his fault.

Hobbes should not in any way be held to account for the fiasco visited upon the forum by the originator of this thread.*

*This post a product of j2CL Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. MMIV
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Brainiac,

If you can't post clearly, concisely and articulately, why should anybody bother reading your "word bricks" that appear to phase in and out of coherence, with no regard to grammar or punctuation.

And for God sake, at least I have a sense of humor.

Just tell me what you object to and stop eating cockroaches.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    is this your way of telling me that dennis hastert is going to retroactively acquire a sense of humor, soon?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@20 March 2004 - 08:02
    is this your way of telling me that dennis hastert is going to retroactively acquire a sense of humor, soon?
    Dennis is a politician, not a mortal schlub, so we cannot raise our expectations too high on this front.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    how about i try to be clear and concise, this time, replete with "decent" grammar? if forum members are discussing quotations from an article, it's confusing and distracting to reply with "that's not what we meant," and then go on to explain what "we" really intended. changing the subject from "him" to "we" allows other people's intentions to be assigned to his words, and his words to be assigned to other people. it pushes the thread off-topic, as the discussion ceases to be a face-value look at the words of specific people in the news, and it becomes a course in apologetics and insult.

as for the question of whether the u.s. government has based, and continues to base, its statements & policies regarding iraq and terrorism on false dilemmas, i believe that we are making great progress toward definitively answering that question. let's argue more about it, until we're in full agreement. or until you convince me of this wonderful thing called "hobbes' sense of humor" which, if it's anything as subtle as that moustachioed watermelon-smashing guy, might elude me up till now.

[/word brick]

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Originally posted by j2k4
    You are taking liberties with your right to expression as well as with your gratuitous appropriation of my nick in your unweildy (sic) attempt to make a point you are not equipped to make.
    Off topic as usual.

Unless you have something to say about the topic, I suggest you keep this sort of OT rubbish to PM's.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    UPDATE:

Looks like a leading UK politicians doesn't want to be left out of the "Spain bashing" either.

The leader of the Conservatives, Michael Howard, wishes to share this pearl of wisdom...

Originally posted by Michael Howard

"It would be a terrible thing indeed if last week's murders in Madrid led the terrorists to conclude that attacking America results in retribution, but attacking Europe results in victory," he said.

"Countries cannot insulate themselves from terrorist attack by opting out of the war on terror. We cannot buy ourselves immunity by changing our foreign policy. Apart from the moral cowardice of that position, it can never work in practice."

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Originally posted by leftism+20 March 2004 - 10:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leftism @ 20 March 2004 - 10:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4
    You are taking liberties with your right to expression as well as with your gratuitous appropriation of my nick in your unweildy (sic) attempt to make a point you are not equipped to make.
    Off topic as usual.

Unless you have something to say about the topic, I suggest you keep this sort of OT rubbish to PM&#39;s. [/b][/quote]
    Your own logic would dictate this should have found it&#39;s way to me via PM, then yes?

Are you getting a hint of how it feels, sir?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Originally posted by j2k4+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Your own logic would dictate this should have found it&#39;s way to me via PM, then yes?[/b]

Probably. But I wanted to make it clear to everyone reading this that your just trying to stir up trouble.

<!--QuoteBegin-j2k4

Are you getting a hint of how it feels, sir?
    [/quote]

If your referring to the other thread about Spain then... no. I attacked your sincerity and motivation in relation to the topic. Your comments here have nothing to do with the topic.

Are you going to give it a rest now or do I have to report you for thread hijacking? I&#39;d rather not "tell tales" but you seem quite determined to ruin this thread.

If you really think me saying "j2k4 doesn&#39;t buy Living Marxism" is such a serious issue then I suggest you start a new thread about it.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Originally posted by leftism@20 March 2004 - 12:12

But I wanted to make it clear to everyone reading this that your just trying to stir up trouble.

I believe the 13th word in the preceding sentence is mis-spelled.

Please report me?

I haven&#39;t yet had the pleasure.

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast