Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Azureus And Netlimiter

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I ran a test and ran both Azureus and Netlimiter at the same time.
    Without netlimiter, i configured the latest version of Azureus to upload at 5kb/s (the lowest it allows you to set). I was able to download at 150kb/s. When i turned Netlimiter on.. I configured it to only allow Azureus to upload at 1kb/s. The download speed had an insane drop to 5kb/s. I then closed Netlimiter and Azureus's download speed went right back to 150kb/s. I did this about 5 times with 3 different torrents. Azureus' programmer has added protection against cheating with Netlimiter now.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    yeah u thought they were dumb or something. its not a protection. its how the set up the client to work. anyways why would u want to upload at 1kb. are u a leecher?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Fasttracker A
    Yeh no doubt you are a leacher.
    And if you say you arent why would you go through the trouble to try all that on multiple clients then focker ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Stop it! Its a test! Sometimes you download several files and when you are upload 3-4 you prefer limiting couple of them to lower upload speeds. I hope this is clear!
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Fasttracker A
    Very clear you like to limit in order to obtain a much higher download than to which you are uploading.
    Known by another name and not limited to leaching.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    um , unfortunatly some of us are on ADSL and if you didnt know that means our upload and download bandwidths are different unlike cable, here im 512 down and 128 up

this converts to 50kb/s down and only 12.5 up b4 it effect download traffic,

so if the above is true , then it means adsl users will be affected adversly

i agree that we all must share but some control should be allowed , as otherwise Azureus and other p2p will hog the whol;e bandwidth and make it hard even to surf while you are download/uploading

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED
    How much control mate ,not down to 1 -5 k?

if you recieve any lag surfing you only need to limit a few k,not your whole upl0ad stream. the same goes to help your download speed a few ks enough

Whats the odds on most ppl seeding well after.??

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by delphin460@20 March 2004 - 07:31
    um , unfortunatly some of us are on ADSL and if you didnt know that means our upload and download bandwidths are different unlike cable, here im 512 down and 128 up
    Cable users often have even more 1-sided connections.

1,500k down and only 128k up are not uncommon. Even when they ARE sharing near their max upload speed, they can do considerable &#39;damage&#39; out of proportion to their numbers (percentage of the network.)

My cable connection is officially rated at 1,500k down and 256k up, but in reality I get about ~2,000k down and ~250k up.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    hmm my connection is 1.5mb and 128kb andi dont limit my upload nor do i try to

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Fasttracker A
    Bottom line the name of the game is sharing,and how you do it effects the whole ideals of filesharing.
    Basically limiting starts a trend that is detrimental to all file sharers alike creating a domino effect that make users feel its ok to do so ,when in fact its not.

A 1:1 ratio is the mentality that many of you should have ,file sharing is all about trends so why not help install a healthy one.
    Of course you have your off sets ,some share more than 1:1 and other share less.

Ever jump on a file or a torrent in this case a become bitter and dispisefull of the peers because of leaching ..those who drop their seed early or shorlty after completion and the slow transfer rates you recieve from their actions ?.

Think about the general mentality of it, if I share more then the next person will obtain greater speeds thusly they wont mind sharing some extra bandwidth because they are happy about recieving the file in a painless matter with little or no aggravation ..and so on and so on .

I know bittorrent seems to take up alot of resources at times but not nearly as much while uploading ,besides we have all seen many here inform the masses ahem (brag lol) about their great computer set ups.

Anyhow try to imagine how you feel when others drop their seeds so fast ,and think twice about closing down your torrents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast