Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking To Convert

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    im sick of being catholic> the whole church is funn of hippocrites

im looking to convert because i want more than people telling my how to pray and how to love god.

i want more.

i was just wondering what budism is all about.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    If you are a believer in god what does it matter which religion you follow and the manner you worship. what would be more important is the manner in which you conducted your life.

I am a doubter of gods existance therefore look at religious groups from the sideline. To me the idea is that God is within you and your belief and actions are what you will be judged on, not your affiliation to a worldly group.

Not to suggest any wrongdoing on your behalf but your post seems to be taking a less than serious attitude towards worship

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    but im forced to go 2 a catholic school. and even though in canada we have freedom of speach i still get in trouble when i express my opinions.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@20 March 2004 - 17:36
    but im forced to go 2 a catholic school. and even though in canada we have freedom of speach i still get in trouble when i express my opinions.
    If you believe in something, isn't it worth fighting for?
    If everyone gave up when the going got rough, where would the world be?

(That sounds so hypocritical coming from me, but the sentiment is there )
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@19 March 2004 - 19:17
    im sick of being catholic> the whole church is funn of hippocrites

im looking to convert because i want more than people telling my how to pray and how to love god.

i want more.

i was just wondering what budism is all about.
    I stayed in a temple in Thailand with buddhist monks giving teachings everyday and I can assure you that if you try it out you'll experience the change (rather than blind faith).

It's more of a philosophy than a religion and you can take it to what ever degree you watnt.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    Buddhism is all about the love within each of us and the ability to show unconditional compassion for all living things

get 'the little book of wisdom' by the Dalai Lama - all u need 2 know about Buddhism in a nutshell and small enough to hid from the nuns.

never be afraid to express your opinion - it it feels right then its right

and with regards to converting..... be careful not to just swap one religious hierarchy for another..... you can live your life on the right path without joining 'religion'

This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    imported_GS1969
    Organized religion is all about control and power. They hate critical thinking. Yes Buddhism is not a religion but a philosophy, so and don’t quote me on this, but is it possible to be a catholic and a Buddhist at the same time? Hmm, interesting. But if you’re going to be one or the other go Buddha dude. But read the texts for yourself, people have a tendency to screw things up with their own interpretations and agenda.

G
    BKK

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    A phrase from Dalai Lamas teachings
    "Some will be drawn to Buddhism but i really think its best that you try to find truth in the religion of your forebears and ancestors. Its very hard to change religion. I think its safer not to"

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    do you really need religion? that should be your first question... and why or why not should be your second

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    *Grunt*
    Its mainly centred around idea's these day whatever you ethically agree with is what you be suited to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast