Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawn Of The Dead

Originally posted by Busyman@20 March 2004 - 00:54
    2. Just simply dying isn't all there is to it. It is an infection that "kills" you then turns you ino the undead.
    that's the only way someone becomes a zombie in this remake? or it's one of the ways? just curious. 'cause they did that in Night Of The Living Dead (the little girl got bitten by a zombie, which is why she's ill), and the bumbling guys in Return Of The Living Dead turned into zombies after getting knocked out by toxic "zombie gas."

it is a disease in those movies, though... they just don't make a big deal out of explaining that it's a disease. there was also a zombie/vampire disease in the vincent price movie "Last Man On Earth" (later remade as Omega Man).

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+21 March 2004 - 13:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 21 March 2004 - 13:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@20 March 2004 - 00:54
    2. Just simply dying isn&#39;t all there is to it. It is an infection that "kills" you then turns you ino the undead.
    that&#39;s the only way someone becomes a zombie in this remake? or it&#39;s one of the ways? just curious. &#39;cause they did that in Night Of The Living Dead (the little girl got bitten by a zombie, which is why she&#39;s ill), and the bumbling guys in Return Of The Living Dead turned into zombies after getting knocked out by toxic "zombie gas."

it is a disease in those movies, though... they just don&#39;t make a big deal out of explaining that it&#39;s a disease. there was also a zombie/vampire disease in the vincent price movie "Last Man On Earth" (later remade as Omega Man). [/b][/quote]
    Yep, in this movie it&#39;s the only way to become a zombie.

If a person gets shot and dies, they will stay dead.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    i just got back from watching the dawn of the dead remake. i was slightly disappointed that it almost completely ditched the consumer-culture satire and the human power struggle (i.e. the bikers trying to take control of the mall in the original), but otherwise i was still really delighted and impressed with it. it&#39;s a very satisfying zombie action/gore fest, the editing was sharp, the pacing was tight, it conveyed a great sense of large-scale destruction in the scenes outside of the mall, and it had enough humor and clashing personalities to keep it interesting. during many of the gore scenes, the theater was filled with nervous laughter... sort of a similar effect as with peter jackson&#39;s monster movies and the evil dead series... you can&#39;t help but appreciate how the blood & guts flow so freely that it switches back & forth between gross-out and slapstick.

i liked how the ending pretty much played straight into the scenario of day of the dead&#39;s original script (the version that never got made) instead of going off in its own random direction. it gives me hope that there&#39;ll be a remake of "day of the dead" someday, forming a trilogy of "living dead" remakes.

also:

i just noticed that withcheese mentioned "i am legend," so it was kinda redundant for me to mention last man on earth & omega man, since they&#39;re both movie adaptations of that book. i guess we share a similar view of the "heritage" of zombie flicks. we&#39;ll prolly be talking about "white zombie," if voodoo ever comes back into fashion in hollywood.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Mekhi Phifer was on some ole mad scientist shit with his wife and all.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    old school
    anyone else buy the original that just came out on DVD?
    I was watching it with the audio commentary on and they breifly discussed a fourth installment.

Anyone heard anything on this?
    They do discuss the remake of DawnOTD but the commentary was made a little while back so not much is discussed.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    is this movie scary? i mean the comercial keeps saying strong horror violence and gore

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Poster
    well i didnt like it , it wasnt what it said it was , i mean its ok if all you want is a good laugh but other than that wouldnt recomend it , 28 days later was better , hey but do what you want.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Originally posted by seiya_33@22 March 2004 - 18:26
    28 days later was better
    no.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    I remember the original 3, but not an official 4th,

I do remember that in "return of the living dead", at the beguining or the original one (if you have a copy of it when it was first released) the 2 stooges make a reference to "nigh of", stating that the whole thing was real (there was an actual warning at the begining of the film that "this film is bassed on a true story) and that what was left of the dead was sealled up in containers and "the millitary "fucked up" and shipped then here, they&#39;re in our basement".

but later copies of " return" were changed. as to what I&#39;ve heared, its because the film maker of return did not have permission to do it, but because of a loop hole, he ot away with it and pushed his series while piggy backing off the an other.

thats the only thing I could see as being the 4th instalment of the series, butthen their&#39;d be Return part 2 and 3 also.

D

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    28 days later had the right fram work to be awsome, it had all ther ight elements. but it lost all it flavor when the group left london to find those "military guys. as soon as they leave that tunnel, it went downhill, going from horror to phycological drama.

I think the half was fantastic.

and what the hell was with those alternate endings? the commercials said, "the new endings are scarier that the original" I thought each was lamer than the next.

D

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast