Thread: I Can Only Share Files I Downloaded On Kl

Hi!

Nice to meet everybody!

I am putting subtitles on a show in French (downloaded on KL) for my fellow Anglos to watch but I cannot seem to share my files once I have modified them from the originally downloaded on KL. The files I am trying to share are in teh folder they came in from KL. The other files I download are being uploaded by users so I know the folder is not in cause. I have added keywords etc. to my files. Still no show.

Any idea?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Well, burn this file on a CD and hand it in to your friend, it's the fastest way. Other ways are just too slow, ofcurse if you can hand it in, if not select a Supernode and both of you have to connect to it, then download each from another.

And remamber: If you edit a file it's hash changes so the file ain't no more an another source but an another file with a diffrent hash(and unique at the time being), so that's why no one's downloading it from you now.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by illustr8@21 March 2004 - 14:37
    Hi!

Nice to meet everybody!

I am putting subtitles on a show in French (downloaded on KL) for my fellow Anglos to watch but I cannot seem to share my files once I have modified them from the originally downloaded on KL. The files I am trying to share are in teh folder they came in from KL. The other files I download are being uploaded by users so I know the folder is not in cause. I have added keywords etc. to my files. Still no show.

Any idea?
    how do you know they are not being shared??

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+22 March 2004 - 00:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 22 March 2004 - 00:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-illustr8@21 March 2004 - 14:37

(...)
    I have added keywords etc. to my files.
    (...)
    how do you know they are not being shared?? [/b][/quote]
    If he added the key words they are being shared only not downloaded.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Thanks for the ideas. The CD thing would work if I planned on sharing with only one person, but I want everybody who speaks English to be lucky enought to see that great show.

I know it is not shared because I typed my own keywords and it won&#39;t show up. I also asked my brother to check it on his and nothing comes up either. This is not the first file of mine I try to share. I must have to make it "sharable" somewhere in the options but I don&#39;t know how.

More ideas?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    h1
    Just because you can&#39;t find your own files doesn&#39;t mean they aren&#39;t being shared.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    boss its not that easy to have somebody find your files.

tell your friends to connect to the same supernode and then see if they find them.

you can&#39;t search your own files with klite

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    A-HA&#33; I see&#33;
    I guess it makes sense not to download our own files doesn&#39;t it

I will try connecting to the same supernodes thing. Even if it&#39;s just to sound smarter

Thanks guys&#33;