Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tmpgenc Audio Problems With Ac3 Xvid Films

Poster
    i have always used tmpgenc for all my avi to svcd needs, and never been dissapointed, but recently with films like love actually, and rotk, i havent been able to convert properly. the main error is 'file not supported', but ocasionally it will start, not recognize the ac3 audio, and crash half way through.

ive heard that ac3 audio isnt recognized, so can someone suggest similar programs to tempgenc so i can get something encoded quickly? nero's own vcd maker i find a bit shit, and i dont have the mpeg2 plugin for svcd anyway.are there any half decent tmpgenc like program out there?

cheers for any help
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

2. Movies & TV   -   #2

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    cheers for that, appreciate it
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    Nightwolf (or anyone else) do you use this a lot?

im trying to convert love actually and matchstick men to pal svcd&#39;s. they are both 2 disc xvid ac3 avi files. when i start to convert the video converter crashes after 10 secs, but when i try it with older divx files, it works fine.

is there a special way of encoding ac3/xvid files? or do i need a specific template? or maybe have to turn an option on?

help would be greatly appreciated&#33;

cheers

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    U have to extract the audio and convert it and encode them seprately go to dvdrhelp.com for a guide because I don&#39;t want to type all of that.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    U have to extract the audio and convert it and encode them seprately go to dvdrhelp.com for a guide because I don&#39;t want to type all of that.
    Use VirtualDub to convert the audio to a wav then in tmpgenc put each file in its own place (the two boxes).

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    cheers for the help so far lads, but i still cant get it too work. ive encoded the audio seperately into a wav file, turned the tmpgenc wizard off,opened the file into the audio box, and that all works fine. i then try and use the original file to put in the video box, and it says file unsupported and wont let me. should i encode the video seperately? and change it to what? and what program to use?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Thats why I said go to dvdrhelp cause if that was all I had to type I would have typed it. U have convert it to .mp2 as well get a program named headac3he set your destination file (.mp2) then convert it. Clik on options twice to set your bitrate once it is done u have to use tmpgenc, clik the first one (video Only tab) then encode it so when it is done get another program named bbmpeg so u can multiplex (mux) it back together just go to start encoding (if u have windows xp make sure u hit load at the top or it will crash) then continuing go to input and output settings and set your vs and as (video stream and audio stream) where it says Open vs put in your m1v. or .m2v then in the as put the .mp2 and go to program stream type and select the right one then hit start when it&#39;s finished so are u.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    follow this tutoriual and you can convert xvid with ac3 to dvd , no problems at all

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/186739.php

slightly different way to do it than above , but i just did lotr return of the kings and it worked perfectly

just a little of a tracking problem when the camera pans and zooms but im gunna see if anyone can help me with that

the above tutorial uses

virtualdubmod
    tmpgenc plus
    tmpgenc author

and besliced if the ac3 files need fixin

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Yeah, I forgot to mention and clean up what ctcw said u have to set the audio to direct stream copy and sav as ac3 so just do a file save wave name the file to "name of movie".ac3 when it&#39;s done it might look like "name of movie".ac3.wav just remove the .wav then u need another prog named besweet and besweetgui then load then input file which is the .ac3 and then do a ac3 to .mp2 so everything I said about headache just forget that unless u want to reduce your bitrate on your audio if u need more help the guide is here

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/virtualdubaudio.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast