Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need Advice On This Vga Cooler

Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    I need to know if it is worth getting this to replace my stock HS on my Radeon 9500 pro. I am slowly trying to make my sytem "more overclockable". and if anyone has suggestions on another type, keep in mind that i have and ATI card...NOT AN NVIDIA.
    Thermaltake Giant II

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I have been using a Zalman unit of a similar design for several months and it seems to be working well.
    The Zalman is however, totally passive...no fan.
    The fan on the TT version is one of those high RPM whiny bastards and the noise would drive me crazy.
    You may want to explore the Zalman unit and supplement the cooling with an 80mm fan that you add yourself.

Life will get much better when the video card manufacturers wake up and put the processor on the TOP of the card instead of the bottom....cooling will be easier to accomplish then.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Originally posted by clocker@22 March 2004 - 11:13
    Life will get much better when the video card manufacturers wake up and put the processor on the TOP of the card instead of the bottom....cooling will be easier to accomplish then.
    I never thought about that...but it makes a TON of since lol

That way the intakes will flow over it, and the exhuast will pull it out!
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Yes, but putting it on top makes it so that dust would settle onto the components. Have you ever opened an old PC and noticed all the dust accumulation on the top of cards?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    True enough VB, however with today's high performance, feature-laden cards there is already a plethora of components on the top of the card, so really, what difference would it make?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Yes, clocker, I know exactly what you mean. I too would prefer having the GPU on top. It would make cooling much easier. I also keep my PC so clean that the dust isn't an issue to me.

I was just saying that maybe the card makers choose it that way because of dust. I also like to add some opposing arguments.

We would also be able to use tall coolers something like:

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@22 March 2004 - 17:27
    Yes, clocker, I know exactly what you mean. I too would prefer having the GPU on top. It would make cooling much easier. I also keep my PC so clean that the dust isn't an issue to me.

I was just saying that maybe the card makers choose it that way because of dust. I also like to add some opposing arguments.

We would also be able to use tall coolers something like:

do u mean to use that on a graphics card? they probably wont make big ones because then it takes up a pci slot or two, so they need to make small ones instead. small whiney noisy fans need to be installed becuase of the small heatsync.

btw, are chipsets and GPU's the same size? and are GPU's called chipsets too? because on tigerdirect.ca i cant find GPU coolers but i find chipset coolers with pictures of them being on graphics cards...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@22 March 2004 - 17:03
    do u mean to use that on a graphics card? they probably wont make big ones because then it takes up a pci slot or two, so they need to make small ones instead. small whiney noisy fans need to be installed becuase of the small heatsync.
    Read the posts above.

We were talking about if graphics card makers would put the GPU on the topside of the card. No PCI slots would be lost.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+22 March 2004 - 18:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 22 March 2004 - 18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@22 March 2004 - 17:03
    Read the posts above.

We were talking about if graphics card makers would put the GPU on the topside of the card. No PCI slots would be lost. [/b][/quote]
    sorry i misunderstood. i thought you meant that we could just use those gpu coolrs, not that we could use them if it was on the top.

but can u answer my questions about chipsets and gpu&#39;s?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast