Thread: More Sent Less Recieved

I recently noticed in my Local Area connection status that i am sending more packets than i am recieveing. I have been using internet for a long time and always found my recieving is more than sending. Is there any problem somewhere? The sending light (the 2 monitor icon) is always on even when i am not having online or network activity.
    sig removed.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    you may have some adaware software running on your computer, or you may have a virus on it that keeps sending packets out. Scan your computer for both and see if this stops that unwanted traffic. Also there is software out there that you can use to monitor your traffic like Scan net Tools for example that will tell you exactly what traffic is going one. You could also use the netstat dos command to see what is going on.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Viruses and worms do htat. However, if u update your AV and scan your computer, you will be fine. BTW: there is a new virus that just came out and you should all update your compz and antiviruses a$aP.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    they can also disable your av software.

you might want to get an online scan. try one of these:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp
    http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virusscan.aspx

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by aizlumzan@22 March 2004 - 09:52
    I recently noticed in my Local Area connection status that i am sending more packets than i am recieveing. I have been using internet for a long time and always found my recieving is more than sending. Is there any problem somewhere? The sending light (the 2 monitor icon) is always on even when i am not having online or network activity.
    Sometimes your box or network has to send out packets to other host, such as a dns or dhcp host to keep the connection going. It&#39;s not unusual at all.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    nah, ffs stop with the virus talk first up as it scares ppl

if you are using bt , overnet or similar, you will find when downloading that ppl are also uploading your partial downloads

this will result in a lot of uploads / sent packets

restricting your upload packets can be done with programs like netlimiter, but just might piss ppl off

the other good thing about netlimiter is you can see exactly what is uploading and how much

yes do a virus scan and and adware/ spyware scan, i suggest everyone do them at least once a week.

but take the right precautions , and be aware of whats happening with you internet connection

all of the above will help

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Thnx everyone for replying. I managed to find the problem. It was probably some file called "msblast.exe". I used a online virus scanner and deleted the file. Now its back to normal.
    sig removed.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by aizlumzan@23 March 2004 - 04:52
    Thnx everyone for replying. I managed to find the problem. It was probably some file called "msblast.exe". I used a online virus scanner and deleted the file. Now its back to normal.
    if you had that virus, make sure you run the critical updates from the microsoft web site so you do not get reinfected and make sure you update your virus scan.