Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless Network

shit sorry,

same style cs. its a dwl-510!!!1

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    You may need to disable Zero-network management in XP and use the D-Link utility instead. If so this describes how to disable it, but try without first.

Firstly you need to set the cards to AD-HOC mode. You need the configuration utility installed from the cd. Then click on the Conf. Utility icon in the system tray if it is running, or on the desktop or in the start menu to start it.

Click on the Configuration tab, then set the wireless mode to Ad-hoc.

Since you haven't got an Access point to act as a DHCP server you also need to assign IP addresses to the cards, though the manual does not make it clear where this is, so the alternative is to use XP's setup for that part.

You can set this by selecting properties of My Network Connections (right click and select properties). Then select the properties of your network card (right click and select properties again). Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and press the properties button. You can now enter a network address and subnet mask for the card.

The network addresses need to be different for each card.
    I suggest you use 192.168.0.2 for the first card and 192.168.0.3 for the second. If you use these addresses you need to enter a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 for each card.

Confirm everything and you should be in a position to start using your cards.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    ok thanks for that i will try it. Just to check though, it know highlights the DNS server tab. do i need to input anything in there??????????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12