Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea For A Forum

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    well, ive been planning to build a forum, and its finally been executed. currently, the forums topic is anything (as in it has everything on it... which i dont think is good cos there are too many of those).
    i was thinking maybe changing the topic of that forum to edsk/sig2dat links forum. do you think it would catch?

i mean, if not, ok, if so, maybe give me some tips?

thanks,
    Rafi

p.s: mods, is it ok that i posted this thread last time i posted one asking for help on my old board, but i posted a link too... is this suitable?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Posting about your forum is against the rules.

9. Sharing your website or forum with other forum members is only allowed within your signature or your profile. This board is not a public noticeboard for you to advertise on. Advertising results in having your URL blocked in our word filters.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@22 March 2004 - 13:30
    Posting about your forum is against the rules.

9. Sharing your website or forum with other forum members is only allowed within your signature or your profile. This board is not a public noticeboard for you to advertise on. Advertising results in having your URL blocked in our word filters.
    but he asking for help??

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Well... It seems like advertising to me. Otherwise he wouldn't have posted it in the lounge. He would have posted it in Internetworld instead.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@22 March 2004 - 13:36
    Well... It seems like advertising to me. Otherwise he wouldn't have posted it in the lounge. He would have posted it in Internetworld instead.
    but he has no link to his forum posted and some ppl in the lounge are helpful not many but some.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    /me watches in awe
    Don't visit http://curlsonfilm.co.uk ever!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by bujub22+22 March 2004 - 11:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bujub22 &#064; 22 March 2004 - 11:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@22 March 2004 - 13:36
    Well... It seems like advertising to me. Otherwise he wouldn&#39;t have posted it in the lounge. He would have posted it in Internetworld instead.
    but he has no link to his forum posted and some ppl in the lounge are helpful not many but some.[/b][/quote]
    So you think that if someone posts to mention he has a forum but doesn&#39;t have a link in the post other than in the sig then it&#39;s ok?

I can see it now. The ton of new posts that say... "I have a forum. Click the link in my sig".

And you think that&#39;s not advertising? Hmmm.

May I also point out that tralalala did ask a mods opinion in the first post.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    While we are on this subject can anyone explain the logic in this rule.

You are not allowed to &#39;advertise&#39; your forum in &#39;a&#39; post. But you are allowed to put it in your sig. Where it appears in every post you make.

Why not just ban it completely.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by bigboab@22 March 2004 - 14:19
    While we are on this subject can anyone explain the logic in this rule.

You are not allowed to &#39;advertise&#39; your forum in &#39;a&#39; post. But you are allowed to put it in your sig. Where it appears in every post you make.

Why not just ban it completely.
    thanx booby that was my next point

10. Lounge   -   #10
    I don&#39;t know. I don&#39;t make the rules. I have only been put in a position where I am supposed to evaluate a situation and apply the rules the best I can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast