Thread: File Types

lelli
    i have been downloading music successfully with files for my media player all of asudden tehy have all changed to realone player and I dont know why or how to change this back? does anyone else know?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    h1
    Uninstall RealOne as it is the Ford Pinto of media players, then download Real Alternative if you need to view RA / RM files that badly.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Old Fella
    You have selected Real One Player as default player for files of that type, so you will need to change back.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    ok i have the same problem with real one player. I have some files that i downloaded but now they have the ra extension so i can't burn them on a cd because nero can't read that extension. how do i change the exension? HEEEEEELp plllllllease!!!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    h1
    You can't just "change the extension." You need to convert it to PCM WAV and then into Fraunhofer-IIS MP3.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    ooooookay whatever that means. Can you break it down for me ???????I am not familiar with all those terms or whatever. This has never happened before. I know how to change jpeg or bitmap but not ra? is it easier just to download the songs again?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    h1
    OK. You have to realize RA is the pariah of the music world. It's best not to download RA / RM files at all.

I don't know how to convert them, since I stay away from them like the plague.