Thread: Cannot Acces Hotmail's Main Page?

Poster
    hey what's up with this? i tried to acces www.hotmail.com and it gives me the message that my browser is not compatible!!!
    However i do have Explorer 6 and Firefox 0.8

Code:
    Browser not Compatible

Microsoft® .NET Passport does not admit the current version of the web browser that you are using. Update the Browser to a newer version like Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later or Netscape Navigator 4.08 or later.
    thx

PS:Maybe a virus?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    What browser were you using when trying to access the page?

The only time I get that message is when I use FireFox/Mozilla and going to MSN Zone..

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Poster
    Both, IE 6.0 and Firefox 0.8

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Originally posted by CoolMac@22 March 2004 - 23:28
    hey what's up with this? i tried to acces www.hotmail.com and it gives me the message that my browser is not compatible!!!
    However i do have Explorer 6 and Firefox 0.8

Code:
    Browser not Compatible

Microsoft® .NET Passport does not admit the current version of the web browser that you are using. Update the Browser to a newer version like Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later or Netscape Navigator 4.08 or later.
    thx

PS:Maybe a virus?
    The real message...
    Web Browser Software Limitations

Your Current Software Will Limit Your Ability to Use Hotmail

You are using a web browser that Hotmail does not support. If you continue to use your current browser software we cannot guarantee that Hotmail will work correctly for you.

We recommend that you upgrade your web browsing software and invite you to download Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.

I think you could have a virus or a brower hijack / spyware. Then again maybe you have a firewall that blocks browser idenification i.e " HTTP user-agent". If you do have a firewall set it to allow HTTP user-agent. There is not really a risk to anything if you do.

@NightStalker try using this for your MSN Zone

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.01; Windows NT 5.1)