Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Does It For Me

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Just discovered these mini boxes
    oooh when i get the cash....
    this is not spam(refer to my last post in hardwarrld)
    Image Resized
    [url=http://www.us.shuttle.com/images/productimages/sn41g2v2.jpg' target='image'>[img]http://www.us.shuttle.com/images/productimages/sn41g2v2.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'></a>

see here for specs - [img]http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/editorial/cebit2003-2/shuttle-water.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

integrated 7-inch TFT-monitor:

what u think?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    old news. these things have been out for a long time. and they have horrible cooling. the only good way u can have one of these and not have system meltdown is like that mod pic where u have wc. u can only have 1 to 2 fans in this thing, and the cpu has no space for any good hsfs. it&#39;s neat, and great for lan parties. but heat is a big prob. unless u get wc. and not much space for modding either

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    saw these at a swap meet on the weekend

would be ok for a office comp , or someone that just wants to surf ect

the techs where there and they told me there was one model that has an external psu which removes some heat factor

but still they didnt recomend any o/c

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@22 March 2004 - 19:43
    old news. these things have been out for a long time. and they have horrible cooling. the only good way u can have one of these and not have system meltdown is like that mod pic where u have wc.
    these tiny cases are not designed for hot rod systems, abu. you have to be reasonable about what kind of CPU goes into it, &#39;cause of the limited cooling options.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    are you sure? they must have fixed something since the last ones?
    pity
    dont have the cash yet but will be less hyper nxt time

although...
    (i dont know nada about ovrclking)
    Shuttle SN85G4 SFF @ Overclockers Club

"After seeing the performance punch the Shuttle delivered at stock speeds, I was excited to see what the Shuttle could do overclocked. The Corsair memory used for the stock testing was replaced with one 512MB stick of Kingston HyperX PC3500. The corsair was limited to a Speed of 217MHz and wasn’t fast enough to find the limit of the system. With the HyperX I was able to overclock the system to 232 MHz system buss for a speed 2320MHz."
    http://www.mbreview.com/article.php?sid=5606

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Yeah, this is so old..why are you making a topic about them? They arent very good for cooling though, as already stated. Mid towers or bigger are awesome
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I come from the clan of Laptops
    recently damaged my machine, thought about the next laptop
    until i saw these boxes.(isearched shuttle in hrdwrld 0 results)

i use pcs mainly for 2d desgn/grfx, beging phases video editing, movies and rarelly if ever games.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    abu are u sure u know what ur talking about? my friend has 3 shuttle pc&#39;s and he has not had any problems with heat and his are left on 24/7 only time there ever off is if the power goes off.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I got 1 its the SS51G fucken rocks B)

Klite Clan : <span style='color:purple'> [ThE_Def-EndERS]</span>
    [Clan Site]

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by toco004@23 March 2004 - 07:20
    I got 1 its the SS51G fucken rocks B)
    good to hear something positve- what are your specs, did you build it yourself?

found a review on it
    heres the heat results
    We tested the SS51G with not the hottest Intel processor but it still is necessary to dissipate 60 W. While it&#39;s possible to calculate air flow channels and control them with additional fans for large cases, it&#39;s impossible to do for such a baby as the Shuttle&#39;s box, especially taking into account other heat sources as a chipset, CD/DVD drive, hard drive, external video card etc. The cooling solution used in the SS51G looks original and turned to be very effective.

There is one fan (80mm) inside the box which pumps out air which comes in through the holes in the panels. At the same time the fan pumps air through the heat plates of the processor&#39;s cooling system based on the heat pipes technology. The heatsink with a copper base is attached to the processor and pressed against it with a clip, the fan is attached to the back panel pressing the upper heatsink against it as well.

The thermal efficiency of this solution is so high that the CPU&#39;s temperature (measured with the built-in sensor of the Pentium 4) doesn&#39;t exceed 60°C even though we ran games for a quite long time, and the system temperature (measured with the board&#39;s sensor) is just 40°C. (The measurements were taken with the integrated video used and with the cover closed.) It&#39;s especially important that this thermal mode is achieved at the fan&#39;s speed of 2000 rpm. We couldn&#39;t measure the noise level, but I must say that the fan makes much less noise than any other in our lab and it was "outrun" by the video card cooler. Considering that it&#39;s possible to set&nbsp; a processor&#39;s temperature at which the fan is to speed up, this cooling solution makes a good showing.&nbsp;
    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/shuttlexpcss51gbarebone/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast