Thread: Cd Drive Is Broken

My CD drive has been broken for a while. For some reason, I can now see the G drive in My Computer, before it wasn't there. The cd drive won't open, and the green light only goes on when the computer starts up. I manually opened the cd drive and put a cd in, and it didn't work.

I've opened up the computer (took off the cover part so I can see all the wires). I'm not sure what it is. Could it be a virus or something electrical?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by SpecialAgentPunk@22 March 2004 - 23:59
    My CD drive has been broken for a while. For some reason, I can now see the G drive in My Computer, before it wasn't there. The cd drive won't open, and the green light only goes on when the computer starts up. I manually opened the cd drive and put a cd in, and it didn't work.

I've opened up the computer (took off the cover part so I can see all the wires). I'm not sure what it is. Could it be a virus or something electrical?
    hmm...its definately not a virus. Can teh drive be opened if your just sitting in teh bios or while the computer is loading before windows has sarted up? if not that would eliminate drive problems...

can you tell us the config of ur drives (eg. 1 hard drive, 2 cd-rom) and how many partitions then what the config of the drives are in My Computer? that would help us to understand the G:\ drive problem.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I just have a basic, three year old computer..

win 98 sec ed. 1 hd, 1 cd drive

and the drive doesn't ever open up

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    Originally posted by SpecialAgentPunk@22 March 2004 - 23:10
    I just have a basic, three year old computer..

win 98 sec ed. 1 hd, 1 cd drive

and the drive doesn't ever open up
    PUT A BULLET IN IT AND GET A NEW ONE. THEY ARE CHEAP ENOUGH NOW.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by SpecialAgentPunk@22 March 2004 - 19:59

ya buy a new one...but i doubt you could since ppl dont just buy cd-rom drives anymore... and i dont see them on the market

buy a cd-rw or dvd-rw...