Thread: Kazaal Blocked

ok, my connection is still deeply changing in spitwe of the wlan and the good http speed. sometimes in kl it is above 200, sometimes nothing.
    i am now on an upper 30000 port. i run kanat. i have allowed in zone alarm incoming udp and tcp ports to that port. in program control i allowed kl to access the net, but not to act as a server. i did not allow connections from the local network. what is the problem? zalarm says continuously: kl blocked from listening tcp port 3xxxx - exactly the one i have allowed.

what is that?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Zone Alarm's security settings are probably too high, thus ZA is blocking KL.

Simple solution, delete KL's entry in ZA and let ZA redetect it -- giving KL more access rights. KL probably needs to act as a server to work correctly -- otherwise what you're saying is you're a leech.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Old Fella
    Yes, KL does need to be allowed to act as a server in Zone Alarm.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I have allowed that and then got that from Shields Up:
    "Attempting connection to your computer. . .
    Shields UP! is now attempting to contact the Hidden Internet Server within your PC. It is likely that no one has told you that your own personal computer may now be functioning as an Internet Server with neither your knowledge nor your permission. And that it may be serving up all or many of your personal files for reading, writing, modification and even deletion by anyone, anywhere, on the Internet!"

then I uninstalled kl, restarted the comp and it is still the smae. I use AVG for virosudetect and Ad-aware against trojans. The machine is clear accord. to them. How can I find out what acts as a server? nothing asked permission in za, although that is what i specified.

how dangerous is to allow kazaa act as a server? i am using the univ netw and i am not 100% sure they are happy by that.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Uploading = acting as a server, plain and simple.
    "average users" shouldn't be doing this says RIAA/MPAA/BSA/many ISPs/businessmen/politicians/etc.

But that just means they're misinformed because if you don't share, who will?

Learn a bit about blocking the hostiles and keeping that up-to-date is getting as easy or easier as keeping yourself protected from viruses.

"Shields UP!" should only see the 'hole' KL++ uses for incoming connections unless you've configured ZA wrong. ZA can be a really good firewall if properly configured -- or it can be a dog which tortures you while offering you minimal protection if it bans access for p2p but allows internet explorer in both directions+server.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    The whole Idea behing filesharing is Sharing-- plain and simple, if you dont share and I dont share and joe bob doesnt share then where in the hell are we going to get our downloads. p2p isnt me to you and then we are done. It shuld be an active community of people sharing what ever we download.
    I hate to get off on a rant, but mabye its just my downloads that are all in the more sources hell that has me all pissy. frankly I feel that if you arent going to share you have no business using "file SHARING "
    but then again thats just my opinion (and I could be wrong)
    Augen auf
    Wer sieht versteht
    wie gnadenlos die Zeit vergeht
    wie sich der Zeiger dreht
    unentwegt
    Er steht nie still
    Du weißt nicht was du willst
    Du weißt nicht wo du stehst
    weißt nicht woher du kommst
    wohin du gehst

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Yeah, sorry for the late answer, I was out of kazaa when tested the comp. Anyway, reinstalled the whole and still has that hidden server.

I have turned kazaa to act as server in ZA, still the perform. is low. most of the message is now: "k could not accept connection, cause local servers are blocked." what is that?