Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Why Was It Closed?

namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    This is why I think its a good idea to post why a thread has been closed, it saves a lot of hassle in the long run.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by namzuf9@24 March 2004 - 01:43
    This is why I think its a good idea to post why a thread has been closed, it saves a lot of hassle in the long run.
    i guess i do that in 9 out of 10...
    just a mistake...

still... if it was me who done it... the alzheimer... aaargh :

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Well you see... We can close this now and then people complain, even if there is a reason. Then again we could leave it open and then the people complain that there is spam.

No matter what the mods choose to do we hear complaints about it.

And just remember that the person who started this complaint did so already in contempt of the sig rule. He even said so himself... Just let the mods fix it. Talk about giving his own power away... As if mods don't have better things to do.

Reality check: Members causing problems is the reason mods exist. If there wasn't problems to begin with, we wouldn't be needed.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    its a bad precesident to close a topic because one user is offended...if i complain to a mod about every topic will they close it based on one complaint..should i try a little experiment and see? do the words arbuitrary and capricious mean anything?I know i cant spell....I read it and can undersatnd how someone with a weight problem might not agree but to close it..seems excessive and for some mods not to pm the user first seems either lazy or irresponsible or evasive and doesnt seem too much to ask or expect...

EDIT
    Actually a Mod does not need to forewarn, we do as a courtesy at times. Others we can simply take action deemed necessary or fit based on the post itself.

It's part of the Board Rules that some do not adhere to or review. If members did they would not find themselves under this type of questionable predicament.
    There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults or any other discriminatory comments or content.
    That in itself gives a Mod/Admin any right to edit/close as seen fit. It fell along those lines within a few members views, not just one.

Just another person taking a crack at the Mods in general, I for one I'm tired of being branded.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by jetje+24 March 2004 - 00:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 24 March 2004 - 00:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-namzuf9@24 March 2004 - 01:43
    i guess i do that in 9 out of 10...
    just a mistake...

still... if it was me who done it... the alzheimer... aaargh : [/b][/quote]
    I was&#39;nt directly commenting directly towards yourself so I hope I hav&#39;nt offended you (we are all human )

@VB1234 Reality check: To complain is to be human.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by bulio+23 March 2004 - 19:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bulio @ 23 March 2004 - 19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> my god, 3 pages of posting about a sig and a closed topic. if this isnt spam, then what is? [/b]

Well there are some who agree with me, some that don&#39;t. Spam has no point. This has a point and it&#39;s been made without me actually attacking anyone.

Originally posted by jetje@
    no powertrip, just doing some things on the board while i was at work...&nbsp;
    usually i post reasons when closing it, guess i forgot it this time.... mmm if it was me who closed it... damn Alzheimer&nbsp;

posted this in that topic reopened it have fun...
    I figured it was you because of the PM about the sig (which I had no problem with).
    (I almost never get a PM from a mod)...but I wasn&#39;t going to PM every mod to find out.
    Just wanted an answer to the closing that is all.
    So you accidentely closed it......without an explanation Yeah..uh..ok.
    That&#39;s good one....NOT&#33;&#33;&#33;

Seems that it was closed due to a complaint and a look at the topic title...which resembles a very popular STFU thread that wasn&#39;t closed.

<!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234

Well you see... We can close this now and then people complain, even if there is a reason. Then again we could leave it open and then the people complain that there is spam.

No matter what the mods choose to do we hear complaints about it.

And just remember that the person who started this complaint did so already in contempt of the sig rule. He even said so himself... Just let the mods fix it. Talk about giving his own power away... As if mods don&#39;t have better things to do.

Reality check: Members causing problems is the reason mods exist. If there wasn&#39;t problems to begin with, we wouldn&#39;t be needed.
    [/quote]

No offense Virtualbody but you are bandwagoning. There has been ONE complaint about this being spam.
    I never complained about the sig rule.
    I said something about the sig right after I got the PM. (read the beginning of the thread ).
    Please get facts straight before trying to help out. Mmmmbyebye.

Asking questions does not equal complaining.

Either way thanks for the response jetje.

Either way it&#39;s all good
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Woops. Sorry I&#39;m late, I&#39;m the mod who closed the thread.

Busyman I&#39;m not sure if you got the answers you wanted, but if you&#39;d like, PM me and we&#39;ll discuss why the thread was closed like gentlemen.

This thread isn&#39;t necessary.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345