Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ther Goes My Bb...........

Poster
    well as some of use know.... i recently just got dsl...

yesterday i could connect at 256kbs (and for a very good price too ) but last night i rebooted my computer, and to my surprise i could only connect at 64kbs.

I rung my ISP and they said i should still be able to connect at 256kbs.

I rung my modem company (D-Link) and they said everything seemed to be in good order....

I have tried reinstalling the D-Link DSL -200 ADSL USB Modem that i got from my cousin (and he said it didnt come with a CD), So i downloaded the drivers off the D-Link website... installed them, rebooted etc.... blah blah blah

but absolutely everything i try hasnt worked...

what on earth could be the problem...???

:helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    have you downloaded any new drivers recently? or changed the config of anything, and where do you get slow speeds? on ftp? p2p? if yes to those two questions then it is probably the ftp server wich is slow, or another user in the p2p case

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Yeah, what exactly did you use to see that your speed was 64kbs?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    trust me man, its connected at 64kbs...

when you connect to the net, it has a little picture of 2 computers in the task bar, and a lil window pops outta them saying... you are now connected at 64kbs....

i just figured that i need to install a filter in my Digital TV... (SKY Digital, NZ)

every jackpoint needs a filter and i didnt realise that SKY digital was connected into a phone jack!!

ill post back when i buy a filter and see what happens

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Filters are to protect low frequency devices from the dsl signal, not the other way round, so buying a filter won't help.

The speed of your BB connection is determined from the head end, not your end. Assuming that the figure you are looking at is actually the dsl connection speed it is up to your ISP to sort it out, there's nothing you can do to affect it.

Edit: clarity
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    I think its because its set to isdn mate .theres an option somewhere ,i cant think or find it thou atm.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lol i dont get anything saying im connected at any speed and im on adsl

what pppoe are you using to connect , the windows xp connection or a 3rd party

something sounds weird , but try one of those speed test web sites and see what you are realy capable of

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    try rebooting ur pc or reinstalling ur net?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    hey crew

I have figured this son of a bitch out!

First of all after attempting to reinstall the drivers over and over again, i figured it had something to do with my ISP,

i rang them and they didnt know shit (wow....how surprising)

When i was just about to throw my modem out the door i thort i would take the whole thing, unplug everything, uninstall every single driver and start again...

...only this time i wondered what would happen if i put the USB cord in a different USB Slot....

...10 minutes l8er i connect at 320kbs.... lol (fucken stupid modem company and ISP company didnt even ask me if i had tried all the USB slots.... i suppose they presumed it was something completely different as i had come to think..... but still, arent they suppose to be the professionals at this kinda shit!!&#33

anyhoo now im back and at full force DL stuff at 40kb constant.... (STFU all you ppl in canada and US and UK..... us hobbits here in New Zealand barely have Fibre Optic)

k den,... i am done here

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    oh yer.. i forgot to thank all you guuys for the suggestions....

TA!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast