Thread: Nav 2003 Auto Protect Does Not Enable

NAV 2003 Auto Protect does not enable

Here is the problem the auto protect option of my NAV 2003 does not enable no matter what I do .. is there a way to fix this or force it to start

I have tried re-installing the NAV2003 lot of time but it does not fix the problem

I am running it on WinXP PRO with SP1

PS: Pls dont tell me NAV sucks coz I dont want to abandon it

<span style='color:purple'>The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother&#39;s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I would first run a online scan of your computer from HERE or HERE. If you find viruses clean them up. Then try to restart your computer after that and see if you can now start Norton Auto Protect. If not, I would uninstall it completely and switch it to Norton Corp Edition, I think it is a bit better and it does not use as many system resources.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I have never had this happen to me when I was using the 2003 version, however 2004, I have had gone through this numerous times.

Before going to extremes and completely uninstalling the product, I have found that often times a simple reboot will clear things up.

When you did decide to completely uninstall, it would help if you completely removed any traces, program files, temp files, etc... of the software and anything Symantec before re-installing. Making certain to reboot after the uninstall and then again after the re-install.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Tried all that still does not work&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :helpsmile:
    <span style='color:purple'>The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother&#39;s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Hey guys common I heed
    Help :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    i would suggest you to be more patient,as members around here are giving their time to help people like you.
    First of all go to Start>Run>type msconfig and check if NAV is listed and check the box if it is unchecked.
    if not just go to the main menu of NAV and there should be the option of starting auttomatically when windows starts

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Has happened to me countless times I don&#39;t know why but I reinstall it fixes it . Norton systemworks 2003 pro is what I&#39;m using . It really has three programs I have to uninstall first tho. I use windows add remove panel to remove all first then reinstall.
    1] LIVEREG
    2]LIVEUPDATE
    3]NORTON SYSTEMWORKS

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen...&Src=ivr_na_con

I&#39;v used a regcleaner, once after unistalling didn&#39;t the next same result tho.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    It&#39;s probably a problem in the registry, did you have a nav 2002, try to reinstall then remove all nav keys. That should work