Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Id

I have a low eD2K ID, which I would like to improve. I'm running XP. With my firewall disabled, when I run the e-mule testscript, I get a 'timed out message' ( "possibly due to a stealth firewall . . &c" ). My question is twofild: a) is there something I can do in order to improve my ID? I don' think it's a problem with my firewall, since there is not change in my ID regardless of whether I am using a firewall or not; and B) what's a 'stealth firewall?'

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    do you have a router??

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I'm using an Actiontec DSL Gateway ethernet DSL modem. I have a single PC connected to it via an ethernet card.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    My guess is your isp is blocking the default emule port. Try changing it to something different and try again.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by DrSpud@25 March 2004 - 04:59
    My guess is your isp is blocking the default emule port. Try changing it to something different and try again.
    Same problem here. No router, too. Can u elaborate this "try changing" part? Changing what? Port? If so, i'll be more then thenkful if u give some tip how and where to do it.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    go to Preferences -> Connection and somewhere on that page it should say tcp port and udp port, change both of them to numbers between about 5000 - 64000, eg my port numbers are
    tcp 25678
    udp 26678
    no particular reason for those exact numbers pick numbers that take your fancy...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Thanks for the tip. I changed my port numbers (twice, closing out and restarting e-mule in-between, and I still have a Low ID. I wonder if I should try changing the ports again, or look elsewhere for the problem?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    if your using windows XP you need to go to your connection properties. click the advance tab and uncheck the firewall option. windows has a built-in firewall. hope that helps.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    emblaaskson
    Hey!

I have the exact same problem as you Crashbar. I tried with the different ports, disabled the firewall, checked that the windows firewall wasn't turned on. I tried with safe connect and use smart lowID check on connect enabled and still I have a low ID. Anybody have any other suggestions?

Thanks

10. File Sharing   -   #10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast